Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health / Alternative Medicine (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15317)

Luminari 07-13-2009 12:57 AM

Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
The Cancer Blog

Fresh lemon grass tea kills cancer cells

If you are a cancer patient in Israel, your doctor is telling you to drink fresh lemon grass tea on the days that you go in for radiation or chemotherapy treatments. Ben Gurion University of the Negev researchers made a discovery last year that the lemon aroma in herbs like lemon grass kills cancer cells in vitro, while leaving healthy cells unharmed. In a fascinating article published in the Health section of Israel21c, it states that the study found the citral in lemon grass causes cancer cells to commit suicide in a process called apoptosis, a mechanism called programmed cell death. A drink with as little as one gram of lemon grass contains enough citral to signal the cancer cells to commit suicide.

Lemon grass is a perennial, aromatic tall grass with a light lemon scent used for culinary and medicinal purposes. For centuries, herbalists have used the herb as an effective digestive tonic and nervous system relaxant. Lemon grass oil is used to help clear blemishes and maintain balanced skin tone. Lemon grass is also used as an insect and mosquito repellent. Now, according to Israeli scientists, they can add cancer prevention to the list of attributes associated with lemon grass.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w...lemongrass.jpg

http://www.thecancerblog.com/2006/04...-cancer-cells/

NorthernSanctuary 07-13-2009 01:02 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Hi Luminari,

I posted a thread on this a while ago:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ht=lemon+grass

There's a belief that it's the lemo grass that's doing the work, not the chemo.

Does anyone know if it grows in Canada/ cold climates? I see what looks like that grass in the Laurentians.

Luminari 07-13-2009 01:12 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernSantuary (Post 151881)
Hi Luminari,

I posted a thread on this a while ago:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ht=lemon+grass

There's a belief that it's the lemo grass that's doing the work, not the chemo.

Does anyone know if it grows in Canada/ cold climates? I see what looks like that grass in the Laurentians.

Apologies Northern Sanctuary, I should have done a proper search. Thanks for your great informative original post.

2 people close to me have just been diagnosed with breast cancer so this is topical for me right now.

I love Lemongrass! it reminds me of my childhood (the happy part). My father is a healer amoungst other amazing things and I grew up in a 'garden of eden' in the tropical rainforest beside a river. We had every exotic fruit and herb (hundreds!) growing and I used to run down and collect lemongrass for tea, I love the smell when you crush it. You mix some honey and a few drops of lime squeezed into it and it turns a lovely pinkish colour.

NorthernSanctuary 07-13-2009 01:22 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
I just attached the link to add to the info.. it's good to bring it up again.:original:

BROOK 07-13-2009 01:49 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Good information guys :thumb_yello: I missed it the firt time around...sounds very promising :thumb_yello:

NorthernSanctuary 07-13-2009 02:20 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Brook, the other cure for all kinds of cancer, if you can grow hemp, is here:


sleepingnomore 07-13-2009 03:04 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
This is wonderful. I love lemon grass I've never tried the tea form. Any instructions on how to make it? Fresh or dried? Does it make any difference?

BROOK 07-13-2009 03:06 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
I know you can get it in tea form at the health food stores...but fresh sounds much better...Luminari...if you can tell us how to prepare it I would be interested as well...good suggestion sleepingnomore :thumb_yello:

oldpaganfreak 07-13-2009 03:14 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernSantuary (Post 151881)
Hi Luminari,

I posted a thread on this a while ago:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ht=lemon+grass

There's a belief that it's the lemo grass that's doing the work, not the chemo.

Does anyone know if it grows in Canada/ cold climates? I see what looks like that grass in the Laurentians.

no, sorry ns. it's a tropical, but you can grow it indoors. and its perennial.
richter's can supply seeds. (richter's is simply the BEST source of herb seeds.

http://www.richters.com/Web_store/we...=2878886.23142

oldpaganfreak 07-13-2009 03:15 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
p.s. it's also available readily as a fresh herb in chinese markets.

BROOK 07-13-2009 03:16 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak (Post 151928)
p.s. it's also available readily as a fresh herb in chinese markets.

Thanks for the info :thumb_yello:

BROOK 07-13-2009 03:18 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernSantuary (Post 151904)
Brook, the other cure for all kinds of cancer, if you can grow hemp, is here:

YouTube - RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story (Part 1 of 7)

I saw this last week.....it sounds promising as well :thumb_yello:

Luminari 07-13-2009 03:20 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOK (Post 151920)
I know you can get it in tea form at the health food stores...but fresh sounds much better...Luminari...if you can tell us how to prepare it I would be interested as well...good suggestion sleepingnomore :thumb_yello:

You just break off a big handfull of it, fold it over itself a couple of times to reduce the length and then grip it firmly and 'twist' it which breaks it open and releases a heavenly scent. Boil it up in a kettle of water. When it cools enough, add a bit of honey and the 'secret' my dad showed me is if you add a few drops of fresh lime juice (or lemon but lime is better) it changes colour (tastes awesome too). Hey presto.

But you want to drink at least 8 cups a day if you have cancer for it to really take full effect.
:thumb_yello:

BROOK 07-13-2009 03:27 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminari (Post 151933)
You just break off a big handfull of it, fold it over itself a couple of times to reduce the length and then grip it firmly and 'twist' it which breaks it open and releases a heavenly scent. Boil it up in a kettle of water. When it cools enough, add a bit of honey and the 'secret' my dad showed me is if you add a few drops of fresh lime juice (or lemon but lime is better) it changes colour (tastes awesome too). Hey presto.

But you want to drink at least 8 cups a day if you have cancer for it to really take full effect.
:thumb_yello:

Thanks...because I had no idea how to prepare it. and do health food stores carry it fresh? Don't answer that..I will check it out...maybe the Chinese market, like Oldpagenfreak said...Thanks again :thumb_yello:

sleepingnomore 07-13-2009 03:27 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Wow eight cups a day you'll be going to the bathroom often...lol. Thanks for that info.

Can you drink it cold for the same effect?

Luminari 07-13-2009 03:33 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepingnomore (Post 151937)
Wow eight cups a day you'll be going to the bathroom often...lol. Thanks for that info.

Can you drink it cold for the same effect?

Yep. Cold is fine. make up a big batch in the morning and it will last all day.

I highly recommend using fresh stuff though.. it still has the life-force vitality within it. I don't know how good dried packaged stuff would be. If you have a mini greenhouse in your backyard would be ideal for those cooler areas.

sleepingnomore 07-13-2009 03:44 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
I'll have to try the indoor method I'm in a cold climate with a short growing season. Hmmm I bet you could flash freeze it fresh and vacuum seal it and keep it frozen if you had no other way to keep it year round.

NorthernSanctuary 07-13-2009 03:47 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Thanks for the link, oldpagangreak, Richter's is just next door in Ontario.

BROOK 07-13-2009 03:48 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepingnomore (Post 151947)
I'll have to try the indoor method I'm in a cold climate with a short growing season. Hmmm I bet you could flash freeze it fresh and vacuum seal it and keep it frozen if you had no other way to keep it year round.

Yep..that probably woud be good if you cannot get it fresh all year round.
But Luminari is right..the life force of any food is always best when fresh :thumb_yello:

Humble Janitor 07-13-2009 07:02 AM

Re: Lemon Grass Tea Kills Cancer Cells
 
My brother is a wiccan and he often makes teas out of exotic ingredients. I will go with him the next he goes to the herbal shop. I am positive that they sell lemongrass and they get herbs from all over the world. I have had tea with lemongrass in it but it was not fresh. Still had a great aroma and it was minimally processed.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon