Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Avalon General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WOW - Lost middle-class tribe's 'secret' eco-village in Wales (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2703)

Zynox 09-19-2008 06:29 PM

VICTORY!!!!! > WOW - Lost middle-class tribe's 'secret' eco-village in Wales

No comment, beyond SEE for yourself (great images, great energy)!

Lost middle-class tribe's 'secret' eco-village in Wales, snips:
"For five happy years they enjoyed simple lives in their straw and mud huts.

Generating their own power and growing their own food, they strived for self-sufficiency and thrived in homes that looked more suited to the hobbits from The Lord of the Rings.

Then a survey plane chanced upon the 'lost tribe'... and they were plunged into a decade-long battle with officialdom.

Yesterday that fight, backed by more modern support for green issues, ended in victory.

In 1998, it was spotted when sunlight was seen glinting off a solar panel on the main building, which was built from straw bales, timber and recycled glass.

When the pilot reported back, officials were unable to find any records, let alone planning permission, for the mystery hillside village surrounded by trees and bushes.

The 22 villagers fought planners even when they were within hours of the bulldozers moving in to demolish their eight homes.

Now, however, they can celebrate, thanks to the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority's 'sustainability' policy."
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/...36_468x308.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ken-plane.html

~ Namaste / Got Community? ~

mudra 09-19-2008 06:47 PM

Re: WOW - Lost middle-class tribe's 'secret' eco-village in Wales

Thank you for sharing this Zynox,

Very impressive ! Hope we start to see more and more of such communities in the future.
Would be wonderfull.

Kindness

mudra

pineal-pilot-in merkabah 09-19-2008 07:00 PM

im ready for that right now!!!

Carol 09-19-2008 07:17 PM

Wow. Mahalo

Mike_Jetson 09-19-2008 07:51 PM

Re: VICTORY!!!!! > WOW - Lost middle-class tribe's 'secret' eco-village in Wales

Planners wont know whats hit them

Shellie 09-20-2008 01:42 AM

That has been dream since kindergarten....

Greg10036 09-23-2008 11:13 PM

Fantastic Story. Thank you.
Greg

Gnosis5 09-23-2008 11:23 PM

I have a similar dream, only a bit more elegant :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99Boogies (Post 21225)
That has been dream since kindergarten....

whitecrow 09-24-2008 04:06 AM

Been wanting to do this all my life. Anyone got a piece of back country they wish to try this on?

rustanddust 09-30-2008 04:36 AM

Re: VICTORY!!!!! > WOW - Lost middle-class tribe's 'secret' eco-village in Wales

it looks wonderful, Wales is a good place...?

Chris Parson 09-30-2008 06:54 AM

what a wonderful story

feynman 09-30-2008 07:03 AM

That is the future of mankind for the next two decades, mixed with high technology and a new kind of temperament. Current man, en mass, is incapable of such living, IMHO, thus the culling which is about to occur (an inevitability is seems). They must be very special people. Now they have a job of keeping the tourists away I suspect.

conniec818 09-30-2008 07:11 AM

greetings...

just wanted to say....if all humans lived like this,beginning from birth..it would be all we know..then the world today would be a very much better place,,

mikey 09-30-2008 07:15 AM

Wales is indeed a great place and ''safe'' in my honest opinion..as will a lot of other places will be despite a lot of other trails of thought. Ofcourse this is only what i believe.
I have been following this story for a while and it is great to see the right outcome here...:thumb_yello:
Lets hope we and everyone can learn something from this wonderful story

peace and blessings

bananaman

Bobcat 09-30-2008 07:37 AM

Hiya all,

Good result hey !! :)

It's only about 35mins from my house. They are very lucky indeed to win ! The local authrities are very tuff here. If they can get you they will and with glee.

I live in the hills of carmarthenshire and it is stunning but my council wont even let you build a echo friendly wooden home !! They want everything out of block or nothing.

I feel that it will take a huge global change so local authorities are dispanded "which I can't see happening"

I have 22 achres deep in the sticks which I might get away with a hidden abode ;)

Kind regards

Bobcat

Luna 10-01-2008 09:04 AM

definitely inspiring story!! Great people!

By the way, knowing how to build a solar panel is part of a survival pack.

eurosceptic 10-01-2008 09:18 AM

I know someone who lived near these people....!:thumb_yello:

They were accepted for a long time by locals AND the local Pembrokeshire national Parks people ~(south west wales)- and - even supported!!!!:biggrin2:

I think the Parks authourities were leant on by the British Government to dismantle the village, despite no real objections from locals!!....:smoke:

So it is worth remebering not ALL police etc are siding with the GOVTS of the world!

EG, Alex Jones and crew getting thumbs up from local police when they are out and about...

North Wales is a VERY alternative ANTI British Government area.......!!:thumb_yello:

Not suprising, they have been screwed around for decades, even centuries by the British Govts.!!

Including flooding an ENITRE VALLEY and VILLAGE to make way for a dam to provide electricity, NOT for locals but for LIVERPOOL accross the Wiral in ENGLAND!! hahaha!

I love Wales, in that area, North Wales, is the highest percentage (97%) of Welsh Gaelic speakers in Wales !:mfr_lol:

Anyone remeber the eco village set up on Guiness Ltd - (yes the stout company! Alledgedly VERY corrupt!) land in London???

STARCHILD 10-01-2008 09:49 AM

The tide is 'turning'!
This is wonderful news x:wink2:

m00g 10-01-2008 04:18 PM

Thanks for the info/link ;)

Its a nice story in the sense that they won, but really bloody sad in the sense that they had to even waste time fighting.

If any of you are interested in self sustainable housing please do check out these guys: [EDIT] (eer m00g don't be dumb ofc ppl here are into this vibe :D) )

Code:

http://www.earthship.net/
There is a movie about these folk too:

Code:

http://www.garbagewarrior.com/

All the best!

m00ger ;)