Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Archived Threads - Read Only (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Cloaking and Invisibility Technology (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2079)

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 07:50 PM

Cloaking and Invisibility Technology

I have several different pieces that I will present over the next day or two. But I will start with the most recent and most profound, to me:

http://www.defensereview.com/article850.html

Quote:

Well, maybe now we can. It's possible that a company out of Fullerton, California called Advanced American Enterprise (AAE) has achieved the holy grail--tactical invisibility. That's what they're claiming, anyway. It's called the Stealth Technology System (STS), and AAE claims that the technology really works and is ready for prime time. According to the company, STS is more effective, less expensive, and lighter-weight than any known active camouflage/cloaking tech that's previously been under development in the past. AAE states that STS can be applied to ground vehicles, boats, infantry warfighters, and UGVs/ground robots. Any object to which STS is applied will, according to AAE, become virtually invisible, even from as little as 20-25 feet away. Wow. The STS adaptive camouflage technology is apparently still undergoing T&E for application to manned and unmanned aircraft.

The actual inventor of the Stealth Technology System is Dr. Rashid Zeineh, who already reportedly has a number of previous inventions under his belt, including the first laser scanner ever (1968) and its software that "also reads DNA identity", and anti-hijacking tech, a.k.a. a "Counter-Terrorism Device for Airplanes". BTW, Zeineh's laser scanner also reportedly reads bar codes.

It's our understanding at present that, very soon, the Stealth Technology System (STS) is going to be tested on a small weaponized unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) and unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV). This information is unconfirmed/unverified. If/when these tests are conducted, DefenseReview would very much like to see them (in person, or at least on video) and their results (witness reports, data, etc.).

http://www.defensereview.com/stories...StealthRAZ.JPG
AAE company photo of small square STS panel activated in front of individual.

http://www.defensereview.com/stories...06%20WinCE.JPG
AAE company photo of large recangular STS panel covering majority of individual

http://www.defensereview.com/stories...tealthRAZ2.JPG
Individual completely cloaked by STS panel.

http://www.defensereview.com/stories...18%20WinCE.JPG

More information:

http://www.saferplane.com/stealth.htm

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 07:52 PM

Re: Cloaking and Invisibility Technology

Towards Cloaking Visible Light: Three-dimensional Metamaterials For The Optical Wavelength Range

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1221231539.htm

Quote:

Last year researchers from Duke University stunned the world when they announced a cloaking device for the microwave range. This device made use of metamaterials that had a negative refractive index for electromagnetic radiation. The metamaterials were carefully designed split-ring resonators with a structure size much smaller than the wavelength. Only 10 stacked layers of metamaterials were necessary to achieve the desired invisibility effect.

.....(snip).....

Possible applications in the future include perfect lenses that beat the diffraction limit, and optical cloaking devices which provide some invisibility for macroscopic objects
Very interesting indeed.

This isn't all that is being done using nanoscale science. I will be posting more data that shows some of the cloaking technology developed to date.

Consider, for example, the "Paint the Night" program run in the late 90's, headed by the great, late Mike Muuss (he also wrote "Ping", which is on virtually every computer in the world).

http://ftp.arl.army.mil/~mike/papers/99mssg/sld007.htm

Now, if you consider the ability to create 'clouds' of vapor (each with a defined surface tension), you can see how the PTN technology could possibly evolve. Further that with airborne nano's (which can 'congeal' due to EM properties). Voila!!! This is how Mr. Lear's holographic planes could be pulled off. :)

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 11:37 PM

Engineers Create 'Optical Cloaking' Design For Invisibility

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0402141206.htm

Quote:

The Purdue University engineers, following mathematical guidelines devised in 2006 by physicists in the United Kingdom, have created a theoretical design that uses an array of tiny needles radiating outward from a central spoke. The design, which resembles a round hairbrush, would bend light around the object being cloaked. Background objects would be visible but not the object surrounded by the cylindrical array of nano-needles, said Vladimir Shalaev, Purdue's Robert and Anne Burnett Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering.

The design does, however, have a major limitation: It works only for any single wavelength, and not for the entire frequency range of the visible spectrum, Shalaev said.

...(snippity snip)....

Calculations indicate the device would make an object invisible in a wavelength of 632.8 nanometers, which corresponds to the color red. The same design, however, could be used to create a cloak for any other single wavelength in the visible spectrum, Shalaev said.

"How to create a design that works for all colors of visible light at the same time will be a big technical challenge, but we believe it's possible," he said. "It is clearly doable. In principle, this cloak could be arbitrarily large, as large as a person or an aircraft."
The construction of materials on this scale provides for some very unexpected results.

Yes, the above information indicates cloaking in only 1 narrow band of the spectrum. However, further design implementations (or combinations of layers, or combinations of approaches) make this a very exciting breakthrough.

These scientists clearly think it is doable. There will likely be further breakthroughs in mathematics and geometry that arise from this particular groups' work. It will be very exciting to see how it pans out for them

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 11:38 PM

Theoretical Blueprint For Invisibility Cloak Reported

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0525193729.htm

Quote:

Such a cloak could hide any object so well that observers would be totally unaware of its presence, according to the researchers. In principle, their invisibility cloak could be realized with exotic artificial composite materials called "metamaterials," they said.

"The cloak would act like you've opened up a hole in space," said David R. Smith, Augustine Scholar and professor of electrical and computer engineering at Duke's Pratt School. "All light or other electromagnetic waves are swept around the area, guided by the metamaterial to emerge on the other side as if they had passed through an empty volume of space."

Electromagnetic waves would flow around an object hidden inside the metamaterial cloak just as water in a river flows virtually undisturbed around a smooth rock, Smith said.
This is kind of a rehash of the previous post, but speaks directly about the electromagnetic properties of photons. The experiment, on the whole, relies on the ability of photons to become something a little different (plasmons, which we will get into during another thread that is upcoming). This conversion allows for the light to travel seamlessly along a narrow layer along the top of the metallic surface.

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 11:39 PM

Cloaking Device? Invisible Technology One Step Closer

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0503100813.htm

Quote:

Scientists have already created an 'invisibility cloak' made out of 'metamaterial' which can bend electromagnetic radiation such as visible light, radar or microwaves -- around a spherical space, making an object within this region appear invisible.

Until now, scientists could only make objects appear invisible from far away. Liverpool mathematician Dr Sébastien Guenneau, together with Dr Frédéric Zolla and Professors André Nicolet from the University of Marseille, have proven - using a specially designed computer model called GETDP - that objects can also be made to appear invisible from close range when light travels in waves rather than beams
They already have, huh? its old news? hmmm.....

Please note, this link refers to work done at Lawrence Livermore National Labs (LLNL). The first and third post i made deal with Duke University, and the second post deals with Purdue. This is quite the research field, if we have THIS much interest in it, right?

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 11:40 PM

Clark School Researchers Develop Two-Dimensional Invisibility Cloak

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...e,244308.shtml

Quote:

A research team at Maryland's A. James Clark School of Engineering comprised of Professor Christopher Davis, Research Scientist Igor Smolyaninov, and graduate student Yu-Ju Hung, has used plasmon technology to create the world's first invisibility cloak for visible light. The engineers have applied the same technology to build a revolutionary superlens microscope that allows scientists to see details of previously undetectable nanoscale objects.

...snip....

This manipulation causes the plasmon waves to appear to have moved in a straight line. In reality they have been guided around the cloak much as water in a stream flows around a rock, and released on the other side, concealing the cloak and the object inside from visible light. The invisibility that this phenomenon creates is not absolutely perfect because of energy loss in the gold film.
In this experiment there is a report of some level of energy loss. From what i understand, this is more an artifact of the material having a level of "toxicity" to it (imperfections in the manufacturing process) more than any real artifact of the plasmon propagation.

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 11:41 PM

Molding the flow of light at deep sub wavelength scale

Quote:

Abstract: The diffractive nature of light has limited optics and photonics to operate at scales much larger than the wavelength of light. The major challenge in scaling-down integrated photonics is how to mold the light flow below diffraction-limit in all three dimensions. A high index solid immersion lens can improve the spatial resolution by increasing the medium refractive index, but only to few times higher than in air. Photonic crystals can guide light in three dimensions, however, the guided beam width is around a wavelength. Surface plasmons has a potential to reach the sub-wavelength scales; nevertheless, it is confined in the two-dimensional interface between metals and dielectrics. Here, we present a new approach for molding the light flow at the deep sub-wavelength scale, using metamaterials with uniquely designed dispersion. We develop a design methodology for realizing sub-wavelength ray optics, and demonstrate lambda/10 width light beams flow through three-dimensional space.
The interesting about this piece is that it originates from LANL. And they got the jump on Duke by about a month (+ or -).

As Zorgon has mentioned multiple times, he has recieved indication that "the predator is alive and well at Los Alamos". It seems that we have, if not a smoking gun, at least a spent shell casing that helps support Zorgons assertion.

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 11:43 PM

Metamaterials Hold Promise For Invisibility Cloaks

Quote:

The Berkeley researchers stacked layers of silver and nonconducting magnesium fluoride and cut nanoscale-sized fishnet patterns into them for the metamaterials. They measured a negative index of refraction at wavelengths as short as 1,500 nanometers, or the near-infrared light range, according to a university announcement.

The researchers also demonstrated a second method of negatively refracting light. They used silver nanowires grown inside porous aluminum oxide to create a structure about one-tenth the thickness of a sheet of paper. The metamaterial refracted red light wavelengths as short as 660 nanometers, according to the researchers.

"The geometry of the vertical nanowires, which were equidistant and parallel to each other, were designed to only respond to the electrical field in light waves," Jie Yao, a student in UC Berkeley's Graduate Program in Applied Science and Technology and co-lead author of the study in Science, explained. "The magnetic field, which oscillates at a perpendicular angle to the electrical field in a light wave, is essentially blind to the upright nanowires, a feature which significantly reduces energy loss."

"What makes both these materials stand out is that they are able to function in a broad spectrum of optical wavelengths with lower energy loss," Zhang said. "We've also opened up a new approach to developing metamaterials by moving away from previous designs that were based upon the physics of resonance. Previous metamaterials in the optical range would need to vibrate at certain frequencies to achieve negative refraction, leading to strong energy absorption. Resonance is not a factor in both the nanowire and fishnet metamaterials."
UCal-Berkeley is approaching the metamaterial issue by using silver and magnesium flouride. This is very novel in that previous research has focused on the plasmonic capability of gold.

Something else that seems interesting to me is the school that this is being done at: UCal - Berkeley. The home of Dr. Robert Baker, one of my favorite names to Google.

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 11:44 PM

Warp Drive and Cloaking Devices: Not Just Science Fiction Anymore?

I have a few posts to make originating from others in the Pegasus group. This link, in particular, is outstanding as it relates to prior cloaking tech efforts. I will have to do some further research, but the design of the following image seems to match a "novel manufacturing technique" that is used in a well known cloaking effort in the US. Once i can corroborate this, i will post additional information:

http://www.universetoday.com/wp-cont...ng-250x220.jpg

Quote:

Another scientist and one of the leaders in cloaking research is John Pendry, a theoretical physicist at Imperial College, London. It was he who first worked out how a cloak could be built in theory, and then he helped build the first working cloak. Pendry recently submitted an abstract that discusses what he says is a new type of cloak, one that gives all cloaked objects the appearance of a flat conducting sheet. Pendry says this type of cloak has the advantage in that nothing remarkable is required to create the cloak. Pendry said the device could be "made isotropic. It makes broadband cloaking in the optical frequencies one step closer." This type of cloak seemingly creates a mirage to render an object invisible to the eye. Pendry's own website says information on his new cloak will be available soon.

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 11:46 PM

This is from Zorgon:

WHAT IF....

What if... there was a Nano Microsphere that worked 'similar' to fiber optics... in the sense that light enters one end and you bend the fiber to make light come out the other end where ever you want...

What if... instead of traveling along a 'fiber' this light travels through the nanospheres... and by controlling the nanospheres with certain 'frequencies' the light then goes through them in a direction you want...

What if... you covered your craft with such a coating so that the light rays on the way to your eye from behind the craft now travel thru the spheres and continue to your eye... what would you see of the craft?

What if... these spheres could also handle ALL frequencies of EMR not only light?

What if... these spheres were manufactured in space in zero G?

What if... the formula came from 'visitors'?

What if... the patent was issued in 1996?

What if... someone wrote you a letter stating...

Quote:

Hi, Ron...Good Morning!

Thanks for the note and you certainly touch on points of similiarity and interest (proving that great minds think alike!).

I am free to talk about any of my published US Patents which are in the public domain. I am, however, under an edict from DoD under the NSA to 'report any inquiries relative to the stealth patent'. I had a phone call from a person who identified himself as an 'Undersectetary of Defense' and the person read a statement to me which I later found was excerpted from the National Security Act, as amended. I was 'ordered' to report any inquiries of any kind, by anyone, to DoD relative to that case (patent). I've only had to do that one time in 20 years when a group of Isreali's, based in Philly, contacted me relative to undertaking collaboration on some 'project' in Haifa. I reported this as instructed and the group 'disappeared' shortly thereafter.
What if ... that was followed up by another letter that stated...

Quote:

And yes, I've worked on/with HAARP. If you want to learn more about that see US Patent #xxxxxxx at url http://www.freepatentsonline.com/xxxxxxx.html . If you read the patent you'll understand the relevance to HAARP and the Stealth Bombers, etc. You're an intelligent man and I'm certain that you'll be able to make the
connection. If you read US Patent xxxxxx, you'll understand (a little better) my connection to/with and collaboration with these men.

LOL...suffice it to say that the 'Predator' (as in the movie) is alive/living at Los Alamos! If you want to call and pick my brain about anything...please feel free to do so. I'll answer any question you might have so long as I do not violate any secrecy agreements I (may/may not) have made.

What if... the "Chesire Cat" is about to escape from the bag?

Quote:

Invisibility cloak 'step closer'

Scientists in the US say they are a step closer to developing materials that could render people invisible.

Researchers at the University of California in Berkeley have developed a material that can bend light around 3D objects making them "disappear".

The materials do not occur naturally but have been created on a nano scale, measured in billionths of a metre.

The team says the principles could one day be scaled up to make invisibility cloaks large enough to hide people.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7553061.stm

THIS stuff is the private sector offshoot from the REAL stuff...

What if... this post disappears?

:@@:

No you cannot have the patent number... I 'forgot'

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 11:48 PM

Imagine a material that includes the properties of sound cloaking along with light cloaking. Add in EM cloaking, etc, and you have quite a powerful technology.

Perhaps that technology exists?

Until you find out that answer to that, you can read through this:

'Cloak of silence' design is unveiled

Quote:

Two independent teams of researchers have come up with a recipe for making special materials that could completely cloak an object from sound. Although the “acoustic metamaterials” have yet to be made, a third team is now trying to create a real cloak.

These metamaterials promise to guide sound waves around an enshrouded object as if the object wasn’t there. As well as being used to conceal submarines from detection by sonar, such metamaterials could be used to improve the acoustics in concert halls.

Antaletriangle 09-15-2008 11:48 PM

Very interesting and am very interested in technological developments but the problem i have with 'stealth' and hiding is that it's very purpose for it's use is under question.Meaning war,arms,killing etc etc sneaking up on someone/thing is not the way to go with technology-it is an advocate of war-surely we,at least on here have passed this evolutionary hiccup by now.I find the article interesting nonetheless but i'm sure we should promote anything anti war."He who lives by the sword" etc.These articles need posting for discussion purposes. Cheers.

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-15-2008 11:51 PM

That is a nice sentiment. But until the people who want to kill me are feeling all huggy-kissy, I am in 100% support of finding better ways to neutralize them as an enemy.

Regardless, you miss the full applicability of this information. Sure, cloaking is great. But consider the ability to convert light directly to electricity via the use of plasmonics.

Or consider how nice it would be to have that eyesore of a treatment plant to be invisible (or how much complaining it would save on the griping about the windmills in Massachusets).

It isn't warmongering if you find applications that are beneficial. :) Don't let your imagination limit you to such a degree.

Antaletriangle 09-15-2008 11:56 PM

Yeah you're dead rate bigfatfurrytexan i stand corrected-there are positive applications for this tech.no doubt-i just don't have much faith in the black cabal's which tend to inevitably take the reins on such innovations.

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-16-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antaletriangle (Post 13748)
Yeah you're dead rate bigfatfurrytexan i stand corrected-there are positive applications for this tech.no doubt-i just don't have much faith in the black cabal's which tend to inevitably take the reins on such innovations.

Yeah, me neither. :(

All new technology is used for either killing, or porn.

THE eXchanger 09-16-2008 01:24 AM

You can kill a lot of things with love,
to all of them, it is "the poison"
to all of us, it is a spice

brightest blessings

susan
the eXchanger
:bond: