Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Spirituality (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Why making God unfashionable never works.. (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20133)

greybeard 02-23-2010 04:26 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..

Deleted due to edit below

greybeard 02-23-2010 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=greybeard;242734]Yes aroundthetable we have moved some way from the original topic
Try as I will, I cant see a way that making God unfashionable would work.
I looked a the way the world is at the moment.
Hawkins said "Its not more freedom of speech, it freedom from speech we need ."
Think that sums up.
We have gone overboard to be politically correct.
So in these difficult times we need God more than ever.
On teacher said " Man rarely learns by gentle reminders"
We might be in for a very big reminder who exactly is Boss and created all that is.

With love
Chris

aroundthetable 02-23-2010 04:32 PM

Hey Dan did you get a chance to listen to that radio show, i put on a thread called Glenn Kimball visits Hell,

It does drive home that urgent need to wake up. oh he also visits heaven :thumb_yello:

truthseekerdan 02-23-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroundthetable (Post 242743)
Hey Dan did you get a chance to listen to that radio show, i put on a thread called Glenn Kimball visits Hell,

It does drive home that urgent need to wake up. oh he also visits heaven :thumb_yello:

Yes I did, was great listening to him even though did not quite agree with everything that was said. :lmfao:

aroundthetable 02-23-2010 05:14 PM

Glad you enjoyed Dan, what struck me was the way the experience humbled him so much that he just wanted to be a janitor at the gates of heaven, in the Vedas, great saints pray to become a speck of dust on the Lords feet.

truth and integrity 02-24-2010 12:37 AM

Before I asked why making God unfashionable never works, I had asked myself why 27 million people in US suffer from major depression, while others are tormented by anxiety disorders, addiction and many more. Why I could observe this blank and empty gaze on so many faces, faces devoid of any emotional expression. Why people are loosing their ability to think critically. Why there is so much suffering and pain. And my heart was broken. My quest led to mind control. I think I have found today a missing piece that put my doubts at rest. I have been watching a response of Dr. Lewis to Dr. G. Well, assistance professor of social science at MIU who does research on Transcendental Meditation and Unified Field Theory. Dr Well said: “The goals of TM and technology of Unified Field theory is to create human life according to its design and to restore to its potential…. to restore to human functioning what is being lost” He was talking about potential and happiness but his face was a mask with an empty and soulless eyes. Do I want to have that kind of happiness? Absolutely not. On contrary, Dr Lewis’s face was fully alive with vibrant and soulful eyes. His response is a quintessence of my search. Dr. Lewis said: “The tragic is that in the name of simple technique of relaxation and in the name of science, the American people and the people of all nations of the world are being sold a way of the occult which literally ask to remove and abandon himself from critical thinking, to give up conceptual though, science, history, doctrine, and Bible and live himself open to any influences which may come along. Literary, there is a possibility of demonic influence as Jesus warned many time and many scripture recorded. Loosing one’s intellectual and conceptual thinking and blowing one’s mind literally not on drugs but in meditation is a theory that reality is not conceptual but experienced with blank mind. God wants us to love him with whole heart, soul, strengths and mind”.

Our mind matters. To love God in spirit and in understanding.:original:

Love to you all

aroundthetable 02-24-2010 11:19 AM

Good Day to everyone :)

Truthandintegrity, wow, that was a brilliant post, thank you very much...no really, very excellent insight and well written. :thumb_yello:

greybeard 02-24-2010 12:03 PM

Thanks Truth and Integrity for the post and good morning to aroundthetable and all here.

Yes the lower astral, which is ego in extreme "EDGE GOD OUT", denies the sovereignty of God.
The demonic hates souls making spiritual progress and feels threatened by the progress being made by souls on the journey back home.
It pervades the media with shock horror negativity to bring out the worst in humans.
The average child by the age of fifteen has watched countless thousands of murders on tv.
The video games are full of blood, violence. It actually trains our youngsters to be killers.
Its almost as though we are being sold the lie that it is normal to kill anything we disagree with or fear.
People who say we are not influenced by what we see repeatedly are deluded and naive.
Think of the millions spent on advertising. Manufactures do it because it vat ly increase the volume of sales.

I dont even like to post what I am posting just now regarding demonic lower astral.
However it has to be said. "Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing" unfortunately the lower astral is very clever and seductive, Most are completely unaware and therefore unable to distinguish truth from falsehood.

Making God unfashionable is dangerous in the extreme.

I hope for, pray for. Christ consciousness to be with us soon and I believe this is in progress.
The energy being released in our solar system and observed by scientists may well be part of this, let us hope so.

With Love
Chris
Ps a pint Beren? Your round, ginger beer for me. :mfr_lol:

Frank Samuel 02-24-2010 06:04 PM

A lot of people today are into quick fixes which are advertise all over the place. Majority of people are walking around with a void inside , not knowing why they are so unhappy. Some people turn to psychiatric help this is pretty normal for children who have emotional disorders. The success rate is extremely low for these types of treatments , if you ever get a chance to visit a psychiatric ward is a pretty scary place. So since we are so much into artificial quick fixes to fill the void, we missed the point altogether. It is very simple to find peace and happiness within your life. The heart has been found to contain emotional memories which shape our character and our moods . So while you look everywhere to find ways to fill the void , the problem is not related to your intellect at all , it is a problem related to the heart which in turn is how we fill the void by connecting to God and drawing the inner strength that give our lives peace, tranquility and everlasting happiness . Prayer , meditation, self reflection, walks in nature, quiet time for self reflection are indeed powerful tools that create a heart to heart connection to God . :thumb_yello::original::wub2:

truthseekerdan 02-24-2010 08:50 PM

Below is an excerpt that I felt compelled to post on this Thread:

Quote:

That is the next level of spiritual awareness. Oh! My mother! All of a sudden you give up the ego, because you are not the only soul in the universe.

One of my questions to the light was, "What is heaven?"

I was given a tour of all the heavens that have been created: the Nirvanas, the Happy Hunting Grounds, all of them. I went through them. These are thought form creations that we have created. We don't really go to heaven; we are reprocessed. But whatever we created, we leave a part of ourselves there. It is real, but it is not all of the soul.

I saw the Christian heaven. We expect it to be a beautiful place, and you stand in front of the throne, worshipping forever. I tried it. It is boring! This is all we are going to do? It is childlike. I do not mean to offend anyone. Some heavens are very interesting, and some are very boring. I found the ancient ones to be more interesting, like the Native American ones, the Happy Hunting Grounds. The Egyptians have fantastic ones. It goes on and on. There are so many of them. In each of them there is a fractal that is your particular interpretation, unless you are part of the group soul that believes in only the God of a particular religion. Then you are very close, in the same ball park together. But even then, each is a little bit different. That is a part of yourself that you leave there. Death is about life, not about heaven.

I asked God, "What is the best religion on the planet? Which one is right?"

And Godhead said, with great love, "I don't care."

That was incredible grace. What that meant was that we are the caring beings here.

The Ultimate Godhead of all the stars tells us, "It does not matter what religion you are."

They come and they go, they change. Buddhism has not been here forever, Catholicism has not been here forever, and they are all about to become more enlightened. More light is coming into all systems now. There is going to be a reformation in spirituality that is going to be just as dramatic as the Protestant Reformation. There will be lots of people fighting about it, one religion against the next, believing that only they are right.

Everyone thinks they own God, the religions and philosophies, especially the religions, because they form big organizations around their philosophy. When Godhead said, "I don't care," I immediately understood that it is for us to care about. It is important, because we are the caring beings. It matters to us and that is where it is important. What you have is the energy equation in spirituality. Ultimate Godhead does not care if you are Protestant, Buddhist, or whatever. It is all a blooming facet of the whole. I wish that all religions would realize it and let each other be. It is not the end of each religion, but we are talking about the same God. Live and let live. Each has a different view. And it all adds up to the Big Picture; it is all important.

For the full read (recommended), visit this link:

http://www.near-death.com/experience...rnation04.html

I would like to credit also the thread on this forum that posted the above link:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20352

:thumb_yello:

~ Love & Light ~

Dan

beren 02-24-2010 08:52 PM

Making God unfashionable never works because everything that you can feel,smell,try,eat,touch,see and hear are made by him.

Therefore if you deny God, you deny yourself and reality around you.
Denial of God has almost ruined this planet.

In the form of liberalism and democracy ,politics and knowledge; people shook God from their lives and suffered badly.

That is like five year old kid suddenly say that its got no parents and that he or she can do all by him/her self.

What happens next?

The kid dies in the matter of hours or days.
Why can`t we realize that if God wished this second that ,say, take our atmosphere away because he removed laws and forces that our earth functions,we would perish instantly?

Why do people dare to be that stupid,evil and ignorant and claim vicious things about God and rest and in the very next second breathe the very air that God created and drink the coffee or tea or wine that is made from things in God`s Earth?

P.S.

If they make Guinness without alcohol ,you `re on Greybeard :naughty:
I like the real stuff :lol3:

greybeard 02-24-2010 10:40 PM

Truth seekerdan posted this
One of my questions to the light was, "What is heaven?"

I was given a tour of all the heavens that have been created: the Nirvanas, the Happy Hunting Grounds, all of them. I went through them. These are thought form creations that we have created. We don't really go to heaven; we are reprocessed. But whatever we created, we leave a part of ourselves there. It is real, but it is not all of the soul.

I asked God, "What is the best religion on the planet? Which one is right?"

And Godhead said, with great love, "I don't care."

That was incredible grace. What that meant was that we are the caring beings here.
End quote.

Hi Dan
Yes I believe heavens are thought form creations.
We may well be reprocessed.
One teacher told me that on the way back to earth the soul goes shopping for all that it needs for this earthly incarnation. Perhaps a past life identity, a personal ego, a share of the collective etc. I don't really buy that but who knows.

Krishna M well known for his long and in depth talks stopped in the middle of one and asked his audience "Do you really want to know my secret?" of course they did they had been coming to his talks for many years.
He said " I don't MIND what happens" MIND being the important part. Ie He didn't think about it just accepted.

God doesn't mind either. LOVE just Loves.

Chris

beren 02-25-2010 12:07 AM

Read this very carefully:

1 Corinthians 13
Love
1.If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2.If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3.If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4.Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5.It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7.It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8.Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9.For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10.but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11.When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12.Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13.And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

greybeard 02-25-2010 02:50 AM

Hi Beren
Guess the guiness is on me.
I love your statement
"Love love and then see what happens"
What else is needed?

Dr Hawkins says.
"Be Kind to all life including your own no matter what".

With love appreciation and respect.
Chris
Ps every night, day one day at a time, I put my head on the pillow sober with gratitude to that which saved my human life.

In essence AA says (and its all a sugestion) "Surender to God or die" No where is that written but thats the truth of it, as I see it...........

Tell millions of sober AA members that God is unfashionable and see what happens.!!!

Off to bed happy.

Ch

truthseekerdan 02-25-2010 06:38 AM

What is truth and how/where can we find it?

What makes something true? Every single one of us has their own opinions and ideas, and they are all valid because we are all unique drops in this infinite ocean of divine intelligence. The time for ignorance is over and we are are all being called to wake up from much of what has kept us in the dark.

But, we've all been told different things about truth, especially through religions and their doctrines. Many of us are afraid to question these "beliefs" because we fear moving away from our comfort zone or what others might think. But whatever the excuses are, we need to realize that it is just ego and we need to transcend this aspect of ourselves to move towards our higher being and our true selves--more than just the physical body and egoic mind and reach for our true potential.

I, for one, am excited to be living in a time when masses of people are expressing freedom of thought, that was previously wasted on dogma and mental boxes; set up by those who had hidden agenda's. Speaking from a Christian background I know that the fear based religions would rather prevent the true knowledge and wisdom from seeping into the minds of the people. They encourage a closed mind to remain in power and distorted and manipulated many truths. They also don't encourage opening your mind to any outside knowledge or anything that might liberate you from the fear based paradigm.

It was very empowering for me to finally realize that I didn't have to serve my "religious" beliefs but rather have my beliefs serve me. I could choose what my higher self was guiding me to believe based on love rather than fear or the ego-identity. Many of us are now realizing that our "faith" or the fear based beliefs that we were conditioned to believe, that what our parents and their parents were conditioned to believe were not assisting us into evolving to a higher level of consciousness. What a perfect way to transcend it, by growing up within such an environment and moving beyond it, to become more of who we really are?

I know for me, the path to opening my mind was subtle but I know what I resonated with and what I didn't even as a child. If ego had any part to play in the teaching or book I was came across, I would feel the tension and the fear and knew that it wasn't my truth, even though it was conflicting for me. I now see that human made truth is just that, not divine truth. Divine truth never changes but man made dogma and creeds always have, always to suit those most craving power and money and control.

I know one thing for certain, a true religion or set of beliefs should not hide knowledge that has the potential to set you free. But those who have the power won't give you that knowledge. We are moving to the point where we have to see how we are all connected as one Humanity and not get pulled away from knowing we are all in this evolutionary journey together. Therefore we must embrace everyone, regardless of any difference in faith, color, political standing, nationality, etc.

It does require courage to break away from limiting beliefs and the barriers that prevent us from reaching our full potential but the rewards are so worth it. When we realize that the truth is within our hearts we will never give our power away to anyone ever again. The reward is the joy of freedom to be who you were created to be. Our inner guidance can never lead us astray if we focus on taking full responsibility for ourselves -100% of the time and remain centered in our integrity to follow our higher self. Their are great websites and books that your higher self will guide you to find when you are ready.

So as our wayshower, Jesus said, "the key of knowledge is within", inside one's feeling body. Innocent ignorance is no longer an option when quantum physics has proven what the mystics have said for thousands of years. One thing is for sure, you won't find the whole truth in religions, governments, media or any other institution owned by those few who possess all the money and power. The goal was to keep you ignorant but it wasn't meant to last forever. We can claim our abdication with courage and will, the will that comes from our higher self that is always leading us out of the untruth.

Ask yourselves these questions about any of your beliefs:

1. Where did the belief originate?

2. Why do I believe it?

3. What do I feel when I think about not believing it?

4. Is fear part of this belief?

5. Does the belief serve my sense of inner peace or is it serving someone or something else?

When you ask these five questions of all your beliefs, then you realize that 99.99% of what you have confidence in, including what you claim to be your spiritual knowing can be traced to someone's need to control and/or be right.
:original:

~ Love & Light ~

truth and integrity 02-25-2010 07:00 AM

aroundthetable I was born to talk and read not to write.:original:
So, I will be quiet, enjoying reading this tread.

Greetings graybeard

Quote:

I dont even like to post what I am posting just now regarding demonic lower astral.
However it has to be said. "Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing" unfortunately the lower astral is very clever and seductive, Most are completely unaware and therefore unable to distinguish truth from falsehood.
I did not feel comfortable either. I was watching my resistance when I was quoting Dr. Lewis. But we are truth seekers….

aroundthetable 02-25-2010 11:28 AM

Truth and Integrity, you may be more of a talker but we cant here you from here! Your contributions very welcome :original:

greybeard 02-25-2010 11:33 AM

Hi Dan
thanks for your post which I am in harmony with.

Chris

truthseekerdan 02-25-2010 01:58 PM

Hi Chris, good to be in harmony with everyone here. :original:

Inspirational video of the day:

Frank Samuel 02-25-2010 04:07 PM

There's a very special brother who deserves and incredible hug and a round of applause for your words of wisdom today. Truthseekerdan you have made my day , for you took the words right out of my mouth.
Thank you dear sir for your divine words are coming straight from your heart, may they reach this entire globe and travel across the cosmos straight into the heart of God. A special Amen for those words I will copy and frame them, each one of us are part of God's history and each one of us can write Holy Divinely inspire words for we are all God's children .

Thank you once again Truthseekerdan.

Amen to you my brother

Blessings to all...:thumb_yello::original::wub2:

truthseekerdan 02-25-2010 04:16 PM

Thank you Frank, not from my ego but from my heart...:wub2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Iamonlyone.jpg

~ Love & Light ~

greybeard 02-25-2010 09:18 PM

We might have wandered off the topic but some real gems have appeared.
Hopefully we are, in our little way, drawing attention to why making God unfashionable never works.
God is more necessary in our lives than ever.

With love and respect for all poster and all who visit this great thread.

Chris

RedeZra 02-25-2010 09:21 PM

God

whatever

Get Out

we are new men now

too pure to praise and pray

we are the ones

we have been waiting for

to step out of the shadows

into the spotlight of glory

we are worthy of worship

:mfr_lol:

greybeard 02-26-2010 08:51 AM

Oh well Redezra
I see you have your tongue in cheek again:mfr_lol:
Yes the vanity of human race.
We are so childish.
Mummy mummy look at me. I did it it was all down to me.
Mummy Im a big boy now I can go and do what I want ---- wheres my supper?

Men never grow up the toys just get more expensive.

Now I want to own the world -- the Universe -- at what cost???

Why --- by forgetting about That which gives us every breath.
( and Guiness for Celts )

Making God unfashionable would be an extremely expensive mistake.

For me He is the latest on going "fashion" ever new, ever Loving.

Chris
Mamaste

aroundthetable 02-27-2010 01:10 PM

Good day everyone, hope you are all well and of high spirit :thumb_yello:

Bhagavad Gita,

Chapter 7 Text 19,

After many births and deaths, he who is actually in knowledge surrenders unto me, knowing me to be the cause of all causes and all that is. Such a great soul is very rare.