View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #224
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..

Good morning to all I love to see that all is alive and well on this thread.
God indeed never goes out of style. From a Historical perspective I am a bit disappointed that many books concerning the life of Jesus where left out intentionally out of the new testament. One example of that if Jesus mother Mary . His Mother was an integral part of Jesus life specially after his crucifixion. Good old Peter never thought that a woman should be given any credit so her version was not included. For those that already know Jesus was not born from a virgin. Jesus did have a biological Father. Jesus did marry and had children , no mention of this in the New Testament. Jesus had brothers and sisters . I can go on and on. Many of these facts are important because they unravel the true story of Jesus . I want to give you an example of how we deify good people and overlook the real history. Martin Luther King jr. a great man who is given credit for helping black and minorities gain civil liberties in America. Martin's real story was told by a dear friend of his, Rev. Abernathy.
He mention both Martin's attributes and Martin's faults. Many people where angry with Abernathy. He in turn just said this is what Martin would have wanted. The Romans of that time use Jesus as a political tool to maintain control in a fallen Kingdom. While I do agree that Jesus came in the position of a Messiah. We are looking at Jesus from the eyes of those that wanted to replace the Roman and Greeks Gods with Jesus. I know many people would be angry with me for mentioning these things. I ask you do you think less of Martin Luther King Jr. because of the facts concerning his life? The facts do not take anything away from the real Jesus on the contrary it helps all of us to establish a better relationship to this important Figure in History. If they would have done that history would had change, the Catholic church would have not been the power structure that it is today, the crusades, the witch hunting, the burning of heretics at the stake, etc. I often wonder how does Jesus feels when people talk about him without really knowing the real story. I know you guys are going to kill me, well my relationship to Jesus is personal and Jesus has played a major role in my life since my birth. So for me the things I have mention do not make Jesus a less important figure quite the opposite it strengthens my relationship and understanding of him.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote