View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #10
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
The forum is currently undergoing a massive inlflux of 'disinformation agents' lately. Ive noticed this happening over the past month or two.

These guys use a variety of tactics all over the internet but in Avalon they make sure to give off a 'friendly' vibe, so as not to arouse any suspicion. In fact, many of them will be quite popular as they are familiour with the traits that make a person appear 'cool' to others.

I wont name any names, because i may be wrong and that wouldnt be good for anyone involved. But i know one thing, im 100% sure that they are here and they are working their evil little ways to sneakily control how some of the information presented here is portrayed.

They will use 'freedom of speach' at their disposal, and will have no problem doing their 'work' within the confines of this communities rules and regulations.

A smart wolf will always dress like a sheep.

So if anyone is wondering why the vibe has gone down it is because of this infestation. Remember the first few weeks of avalon? You could practically taste the positive atmosphere, simply because it was full of genuine positive people. The 'agents' could not function in such a minority, they dont usually present themselves until they have the cameflauge of numbers, and avalon has a nice number of regular posters lately.
Agreed. This saves me a lot of writing but will add that I personally cannot see why all the political threads are here. this was never meant to be a political forum, but it seems as though "free speech" means anything can be posted and accepted. I am generally against censorship, but really dont feel that politics belong here, we might as well start discussing sport. Now I am aware that people will say that politics affects the world situation etc... but what was the true purpose of Avalon? To unite in finding our way forward or something along those lines. Obama/mccain bashing does not fit in here and the continual negative political threads ar nothing but intentional trouble making. You wanna plug a politician or bash a politician? go elsewhere!

other than that little beef, rock on

Peace