View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #29
Dood
Avalon Golden Oldie

Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Wow...Talk about Bustin Mel's Bal...err..Chops.

Manipulation? With his Pre-views? I call it Marketing!
He is Marketing a Service! What is wrong with that? NOTHING!
The Pre-Views are very well done. Right down to the sound effects and music.
As also is his show.

Mel has been up front from the beginning. He is covering his costs and his TIME!
Time is valuable. He has to balance his time for this and his family.
Mel has told me on more then one occasion that he does not want to break up his family and hurt the people he holds dear.
He has seen that in the 'Radio Business'. He doesn't want his wife and children to become casualties and victims.

All these 'Ideas' that are being thrown at Mel on HOW to run 'his business'...Well, I'd say: "Do It Yourselves" if you think it is so easy.
Go out and start up a website and acquire the people to interview and just do it yourselves if you believe you have a better way of doing it.
Put up or Shut up!
There is no NEED to rip on Mel because you do not like how he runs 'his business'.
It is after all HIS BUSINESS.
You got a better way...then DO IT!

I pay for my Comcast Cable every month. To get what I truly want out of Comcast I then have to buy a 'package'.
Getting the High Definition Channels then I have to purchase the more expensive 'Packages'.
Also by having Comcast as my TV provider it makes my Internet less expensive.
There are many channels I do not watch but, in order to get what I want I have to pay for all of it.
There is no ala cart!
PLUS, there are other people in our household and they have their wants/needs that they want to see on TV.
I have to consider them.

I just paid for Mel's SERVICE at the beginning of November after my 3 month was up which was my own 'trial period' to see if I saw any VALUE in it.
I paid $79.50 for one year. I can live with that and I am out of work right now too.
(Hell, if I was him I would not even allow the 1st part to be downloadable to people that do not subscribe.
If they want to listen then they have to listen at the time it is 'playing' or maybe allow people to Stream It at anytime but, no downloading until you are a subscriber.
However, Mel doesn't do that)

That is all it is. THAT is the Kicker...VALUE! If someone sees VALUE in what Mel is producing then there is a MARKET for that.
He is doing a lot of work to get this information out for people in a format that I enjoy and once again see VALUE to it.
Others may not...Freedom of Choice. Go somewhere else and find your information.
No one is forcing this show on anyone.
Mel happens to package it up in a wonderful format. It is well produced.
It is easy to operate/use and the best thing is I can download the programs for listening when I want too.
Also for the last month I have not listened to any shows....yet!
I have not had the time. But, I can DOWNLOAD it and listen later and I will.
This is the beauty of his format for me...It can work around my schedule.
I do not have to follow anyone else's schedule...just my own.

Mel doesn't hog the mic. He ALLOWS his guests to speak without derailing their thoughts.
If he ever does have to take a break or whatever then the guests have always been giving the opportunity to speak THEIR minds.
He doesn't have his own agenda to push like I have seen with other people that host shows.
He doesn't STEP all over his guests with any agenda what so ever.
That is VALUABLE to me.

He also asks people like us what questions WE would ask.
I LIKE that. In other words...Mel has ALWAYS been approachable.
I have never seen him on a high horse or aloof with anyone.
To be able to let him know what questions that WE would like being asked is a good thing.
Once again...Valuable!

I have gotten to know Mel a bit and he has always been generous with his time and always has been professional and polite.
I can see having questions to ask him. I never seen Mel try to hide anything...
However, this accusing Mel of manipulation and deception is a cheap shot...A REAL Cheap Shot and disingenuous!
Dood is offline   Reply With Quote