View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #10
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Seeking self-sustained, off-the-grid living environment or radiant community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
I have visited a few intentional communities and for some reason I get the feeling the time is not yet right. One of the sites I have used is www.ic.org. You might find it helpful. IMO, our numbers are growing and this is going to be quite a successful plan for a number of people.
Yes I have some leads from that site that I need to follow-up with phone calls...so far haven't had much luck emailing people and getting much of a response, many of them didn't have an email address to respond too. Another problem is that it seemed more communities were in the process of forming than were ready or had space for new people.

Finding the right situation without thousands of dollars to invest is another issue and I don't have a family in tow. I'm a single female seeking a community to fit in with...

I have some leads, who knows...may end-up having to pack my car and hit the road. Go visit these places until I find the right one. It's hard to get a real feel of the vibe until you're there.

Last edited by AscendingStarseed; 12-15-2009 at 08:17 AM.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote