View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #14
elirien
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Future and Beyond by Jacque Fresco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveling John View Post
Thank you, Elirien for your level headed responce and expanding upon the thoughts you had layed out earlier. I'm glad you reminded me that you're from Turkey, so I can take into acount some of the cultural differences that that presents. For one thing you may not be accustomed to seeing extreme poverty (sick, disoriented homeless people) standing about 20 feet away from extreme wealth (a guy smoking a cigar, sitting in a hummer, talking on his iphone, who lives in a mantion in Beverly Hills) the way we see it here in the states, and as I particularly see it here in Los Angeles. I tell you if you understood how truly wealthy this country is, none of the poverty that exist ANYWHERE in the world would make any sense to you. And I'm looking at it everyday, and I'm shocked by it more and more so. Like Jacque says in his passage about incentive:

The rich folks aren't being told that they need to have their wealth removed in order to motivate them to make meaningful contributions to society. So why are the poor being told that if they had free access to vital necessities (and I consider education, healthcare and love necessities) that they wouldn't have any incentive to achieve their goals? This is BS in a way that gives BS a bad name.

Thank you, Peace for sharing your experience with the VP. You pretty much confirmed my suspicion of Jacque that he's a wise old sage who's willing to share his vision with anyone who asks. After viewing an old appearance he had on Larry King, I commented to a friend how amazing it is that this guy has kept at it for so many decades and is only now being taken seriously. Quite honestly, if I were in his position I wouldn't have made it this far. I simply wouldn't have survived for this long, so I'm glad he's had the fortitude to keep dreaming.

Great Love,
John
O.K. Well about the extremes between rich and poverty in my country is like this. My boss can afford to buy a three story villa near the Bosporus while I can't pay my rent and dude I have it even good compared to the teachers in public schools and other low paying workers for the state. I am a translator by the way amongst other things I do. So poverty is quite the issue in a country that sells everything it has got to foreign investors because of their national foreign debt which is being used by the IMF and the World Bank. I know what you guys over there are going through because the same happened over here over and over. I could rant like crazy over just this subject but I'll leave it here. Just know that there are century gasps between our cities and villages.

I'm watching the video by the way. There is an interesting question by Jacque Fresco: "What competition did Jesus have? (around 0:33)". Well that guy was crucified wasn't he? I think that's kind off competition right there. Besides that the video is actually quite good except that it comes from a materialistic background.

Take care.
elirien is offline   Reply With Quote