View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #164
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..

Good morning all my new friends.
Freezing here but my heart is warmed by the people on this thread.
I agree with thruthseekerrdan and Frank
The catholic church in the process of investigating Padre Peo came to the conclusion that God is unknowable.
Padre Peo had the stigmata I think I am correct in saying that within hours of his death the wounds had gone the blood stained cloth remained. Padre Peo was beset with demons dark nights of the soul. I tend to think that is the power of the mind creating this illusion, though not denying there is a devil.

As a pre school child I was taken to church the first time since I was baptized. I lasted bout ten minutes and dragged my parents out. I was 4 or 5.
If God could crucify his son what would he do to a sinner like me. I was so wrong but how was I to know. Anyway the nightmares started.
It did not matter whether I was awake or asleep I saw chariots of fire, white angels dark angels fighting in the sky. Even with eyes open I saw these things.
I could have had no knowledge of this except past life stuff.
My parents were going to get child psychiatrist but after a week or two it stopped but I was left without the ability to visualize. God in His mercy took it away.

Anyway the earliest teachings by mystic say it is Indras dream. The cosmic dance, consciousness at play. Eckhat Tolle says " There was never anyone there to hurt you"
There is only one of us here, that is not my experience but I can see that it is possible.

Anyway the simple truth is I dont know, but I do believe those who are enlightened.
Ramana Maharshi said "The world you are trying to save dosnt even exist"
Hawkins says that in very short order we are going to see a very different world due to a change in perception.
The enlightened ones live in nonduality oneness and see and experience a different world from the one we see and experience. our world is dull by comparison, they see the luminosity Technicolor, the light of God shining out of everything. May we be in Christ consciousness soon.
Ultimate truth is that only God is, and we are aspects of That.
God does not change but our perception understanding of Him does.
He is Pure LOVE
So that is my understanding.
Not saying Im right.
With Love
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote