View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 06:39 AM   #1
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Pyramid Building Solved?

There was a book posted on ATS called Earth's Forbidden Secrets which I read and found intriguing. I am not sure if this conclusion has been already proposed and discussed before but it is news to me so I thought I would present it to you in its original text. It seems that how the pyramids were build has been all solved.

Egyptologists have long claimed that no ancient records exist that describe how the Pyramids were built yet at around the age of 17, I became aware of another, very curious, Stele that is engraved on a stone on the island of Sehel, near Elephantine, north of Aswan in Egypt (fig.84). For some strange reason this Stele, known as ‘the Famine Stele’, has never been deemed worthy of serious research by scholars and is merely considered to be an interesting oddity by the Society of Egyptology. Yet after even a cursory investigation of the artifact one cannot help but question the unfathomable reasoning behind this conclusion.

The Famine Stele actually describes an ancient method for manufacturing limestone. It names the aggregates needed for the raw material and the plant extracts that are required to then bond the mixture of aggregates together. Could the pyramids have actually been cast instead of built by teams of men maneuvering hewn blocks?

Now correct me if I’m wrong, but surely the fact that such a Stele even exists at all should give scholars a reason to at least examine the methods described in the ancient text to see if there is any validity to them. Indeed, I believe the Famine Stele needs to be made the subject of some very serious and rigorous research before being so readily dismissed. The simple fact that people of ancient times bothered to right this text down (carved in stone so it would last a very long time) coupled with the fact that the Stele describes such a thing as manufacturing stone should give cause for even the most mentally obtuse to consider it worthy of some serious investigation.

The Famine Stele was discovered in 1889 by C.E. Wilbour and was subsequently deciphered by various scholars: first Brugsch in 1891, then Pleyte in1891, Morgan in 1894, Sethe in 1901 and finally by Barguet in 1953. The hieroglyphic text was then examined and the previous translations were all compared with each other. Unfortunately the Stele is slightly incomplete and somewhat damaged with a section that has been broken off near the top but we can still glean enough information from what does exist to kind of ‘fill in the blanks.’

One third of the Stele deals with the building of monuments involving three of the most renowned characters of ancient Egypt: the Pharaoh Zoser, the Scribe Imhotep and the God Khnum. The remainder of the Stele speaks of various aggregates and plant extracts to be used in the process of manufacturing stone, possibly even for the monuments mentioned.

The text contained in this unique artifact has almost exclusively been considered to be interesting but fanciful and has been dismissed as a topic of no real use to any serious investigator of Egyptian antiquities. Yet in studying the Stele an intriguing question emerges: What would happen if we actually tried it and did what they described? Could the stone of the Pyramids have actually been mixed and poured into place at the site using plant extracts and aggregates available in Egypt? And also, would such aggregates and extracts have been available at the location at the time of their construction?

The answer to both these questions is very a resounding: Yes, they could have, quite easily! So surely if one can follow the methods described in the famine stele text and in doing, create a mixture that will solidify into a stone of comparable texture and composition to the stone used in the Pyramids, then is it not conceivable that it is most likely the method that was used in their construction. Indeed, it is the only really possible way it could have been done.

The true answer as to how the monuments were constructed may have suddenly become quite blatantly obvious. Indeed, it would appear that the builders even wrote it down for us. The question is: Why is this Stele still being ignored by Egyptology?
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote