View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #31
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible and the Evil God: Lies, deception & brainwashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Alexander View Post
WhiteCrow: Good points there, I agree to virtually all of it, except for the manifestation of God part. I do not think the True God above All manifests or take part of anything happening here, he has set in place other systems to make sure things are going the way as designed. Such as divine Laws etc.
We could probably have an interesting conversation about that. It'd be easy for me to say I disagree with that, only I've noticed that often when I have these conversations, I eventually come to realize that we're saying almost the same thing from different perspectives, even though it may not sound that way at the beginning. So until we have that conversation I will simply choose to respect your opinion as I do my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Alexander View Post
...there is to me little doubt several religions were put in place to mislead people and direct them away from true spiritual development, so the power that be that organized these religions could keep their own power and control over their followers.
If you'd said several denominations or several churches instead of several religions, you'd have my total agreement. And I'm curious what you mean when you use the term "put in place." Who "puts" are religion in place? By what mechanism is this achieved?

Good posts, good thread. Makes my wheels turn.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote