View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #13
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Personal Reflections of Our Tumbling Economy

Dave don't want to rain on the parade, after the clintons were in office during their time managing things they restructured the unemployment calculations that dated back from the 30's and the depression, their new calculation deleted alot of groups of people thus your 8% unemployment # is really about 16% or someplace close to that. In the american free press last issue they said the US umeployment rate at the old formula at todays statistics should be 17% nationwide now. And on coast to coast radio last night they said another 5 million people are expected to be added to the national list yet.

That being said from someone who went down your path 12 years ago, don't use all your resources to the end and then pack it in. Bail before you get to the end. In 1995 my company did over 8 million in sales , I was making a few hundred thousand and by 97 I was getting a divorce, loosing my business I built for 12 years starting at age 25, watched them auction off everything over 400k and helped them collect 500k for the banks and never saw a dime of it. I left with $500.00 in my pocket only to be told by michigans unemployment office that since I'm a business owner I'm only entitled to 6 weeks of unemployment even though I paid in for 12 years. Filed bankruptcy and the day before I got cleared for everything an electrician came along and sued me in federal court for another 2 years that cost me 52k that I didn't have. And when I won in court , they appealed it and it got overturned only to have my attorney tell me that I would never prove it but the judge got paid off and I'm screwed.

So the whole time while these miserable years that went by I always kept telling myself "One day it will get better, they can take everything from me but my spirit, my ability to bounce back, and just one day there will be a day when I will be sitting back in a lounge chair looking at the sunset drinking a beer and saying what a waste of time but it's all better now." That day came , it took a couple of years but it finally came. Just keep the faith and always keep moving forward, it will get better for you indeed one day and then you'll be sitting back having that same beer and reflections, but it will be all good..
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote