View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #55
cantaloupe
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Calm Down, And Read It.

OK Norval,
Would you provide a sample piece of information that you have gleaned from your research, along with whatever line of reasoning caused you to think that you were making the correct interpretation, that we might discuss here? I'm not saying you're not potentially right but really, no one knows for sure.
When I try to read the bible, much of the the language is so coded that I really have no basis for how to even begin to interpret a lot of it with anything even approaching certainty that my interpretation is correct. And, forgive me, but your interpretations seem to be unlike any that I have encountered before. I can ,in the new testament, find many instructions for living that make sense (love your fellow human, don't judge, do unto others... etc.) But I know that the Bible has been heavily edited from the beginning according to the designs of those who would control it's message and the lives of those under their control. Just calm down and read it doesn't really give me much more to work with in order to evaluate your take on the whole matter. Why not be more forthcoming about your methodology so that one can have some sort of basis for further investigation?
cantaloupe is offline   Reply With Quote