View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #14
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Red Letter Church

What is the Gospel? Is it the Good News? Are the Teachings of Jesus Good News, Good Advice, or both? Are the Teachings of Jesus the Gospel? Do we need to read Paul to find out what the Gospel is? Does the Great Commission refer to the Teachings of Jesus…the writings of Paul…the whole Bible…or all of the above?

The Good Advice in the Teachings of Jesus is the Good News! Churchianity is condemned and Christianity is established by Christ! No more religious hoops to jump through! Just be just! That is both Good Advice and Good News!

Many Christians have been pressured into saying, “I know that I am saved!” But if you know that you are saved, why struggle to do the right thing, and fight the evil thing?! This may not be popular, but I believe that every day we are fighting for our physical and spiritual lives!

It should be obvious by now, that I believe the Teachings of Jesus to be self-sufficient and self-evident, and that they are the message to be spread throughout the world as a precursor to eschatological occurrences! When the teachings and character of Jesus are internalized in a critical mass of Christians, a tipping point will be reached, and the battle between good and evil will intensify! All Hell may break loose before we experience Heaven on Earth! The agony and the ecstasy! The first must precede the second!
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote