View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #19
uranian
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A Suggestion for Ground Crew Activity in Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
English translation of the above:

I am not having a grim outlook on the situation, but considering that the 'ground crew' in Norway are scattered across our contry in mind, I do belive that gathering areas would be 1'st priority.

*Guardian*
thanks for that english

i'm thirding the idea of a meeting points for those in rough proximity being a good idea. especially given the talk of a coronal mass ejection potentially knocking out all electronics. my old 1969 merc van with no computers could be the one of the few things on the road at that point! shame it is offroad in sweden (importing it will cost me more than half the value of the van).

my current understanding of what might happen as early as a week or 2 from now is that things might get hairy in the short term, as earth changes are a part of her ascension process, but we're not talking about needing to be in survival mode for years, probably more like weeks, possibly a few months. so then those of us with some foresight could usefully meet to share resources. i'm in oslo. i think then that mike, pure morning, tov and guardian are all within cycling distance. any suggestions for an actual place that could be this meeting point within 50km of oslo?
uranian is offline   Reply With Quote