View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 02:22 AM   #2
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: The secret life of plants

My Family owned about 90-acres of wild Woodland and about 50-acres of open Fields, up in New Hampshire. This adjoined a huge Wilderness territory that extended up into some rugged granite Mountains. In the Fields was a small orchard of red & yellow apple trees and pear trees.

In season, there grew wild strawberries, cranberries, rhubarb, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. The woods were pine trees, spruce trees, elm, oak, maple (ones from which we made maple syrup and maple sugar), birch trees, ferns, natural springs with little brooks, and delightful red mint berries.

I explored all this from the earliest when I could walk, usually by myself, and eating freely of the wild supply of Creations' bounty. I grew with a natural and mutual empathy with all the wildlife and animals that lived in those woods. I had become attuned with nature.

At about age 7-years, when I was then climbing to the very tops of many different Trees each day, I climbed to the top of a 30-meter (nearly 100-foot) tall Pine Tree. Up there, with my Arms wrapped around the top Branches, I was swaying gently with the Wind and admiring the top view of the Forest all around. I suddenly became FLOODED with LOVE, a feeling which seemed to actually be coming from the Tree itself.

By this I know the Trees and all of Nature are/is filled with a living Spirit which is aware of our Presence and our Intent.

At about age 10-years, while walking through the Woods, I came to a large area of chest-high Ferns, surrounded by Spruce and Birch, which I had not seen before. As I waded slowly through these Ferns, unable to even see anything below the Tops, I came out to near the edge of the Ferns close to a granite Boulder. There, sunning itself next to the Boulder, was a Badger. This Badger was the size of a medium Dog. Most people who know them, know they are very territorial, and they can be vicious if cornered.

This one rose up, turned around and started to waddle off into the deep Woods. It stopped alongside the Boulder and turned it's Head around to look at me. Then, to my amazement, as I was looking into it's Eyes, WORDS came CLEARLY into my Mind which said "Go In Peace, O' Man".

By this I know that all the Animals are also Intelligent Spirits, and they CAN communicate with us Humans - IF they CHOOSE, and IF we can LISTEN

One time, while visiting some Friends in Indiana, I went out into their Garden in the evening and sat down next to a Stone Wall to meditate in the serenity of the place. There were Roses, clinging Ivy, and other flowers surrounding me under a large Oak Tree.

After a refreshing deep timeless meditation, upon opening my Eyes, I was surprised to see the Ivy had turned loose Vines and Leaves towards me, some as much as 45-degrees ~2-feet from both sides, as though seeking for the Sun where I was sitting.

Peace

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote