View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #13
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The United States of the Solar System

I agree that the American Constitution has some great ideals and principles. The US seems to be the only country that formally recognizes that a citizen has absolute individual rights. That’s fantastic – even “cosmic”. But one big question is, how does that Constitution get so routinely abused and ignored and subverted in practice? (And indeed, all my own astral travelling and RVing suggests that that kind of subversion is unheard of on any other civilised planet -- with the exception of future versions of our planet, such as the P47s presumably are.)

American readers probably have greater trouble viewing the American “matrix” objectively than do people from another country. (Sorry about that.) Obviously to most non-Americans, the American “matrix” has been manipulated so as to create a violent society. I know that Chomsky devoted half of one of his books to arguing and even proving that violence has always been one of the core central features of US society, from the beginning. It’s no coincidence that the crime rate in America is at least 12 times greater than in Western Europe. And that figure goes up to 16 or more times greater when it comes to crimes like murder.

So another question is, how does one help people who live within such a violent “matrix” to detach from it, both individually and even as a society?
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote