View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #34
Worlds Beyond

Default Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?

Hmmm. how to respond without causing any upset ....

well, as a new person around here, but having read the threads for some few weeks now, I have mixed views...

Firstly, I was thrilled to find Avalon a few weeks ago, and find a lot of things on here very interesting..

I also have a whole pile of personal experiences/ 'phenomena' that I thought I would at some time like to share with others on here... but having never discussed these things in public before, that is quite a BIG step for me! But I felt encouraged when I found this place that Avalon was the place to chat about what's been happening to me recent years.

However.. I must say that I've been really taken aback sometimes by the level/tone of quite a few posts.. the comments made and the tone of some postings... (and, I'm sorry and reluctant to say, the seeming lack of moderation when such things occur).

It has made me wonder whether to stay and share my experiences and learn form others... or run for the exit door at times!

To me personally, it seems as if what started out as potentially an amazing space for people to come together, learn and teach each other, and grow and join together, has become infested to some degree with some very vociferous EGO maniacs, also quite a lot of what appears (to me anyway) to be some kind of intellectual / spiritual point-scoring or one-upmanship, a fair smattering of superiority-complexes, quite a bit of ridiculing others, not to mention one whole heap of JUDGEMENTALISM going on here at times....

It is such a shame to see it happening..

I thought I had finally found somewhere I could safely chat with people, share my very personal experiences of things spiritual/beyond this world.. gain some insights / new learnings / support and also give those same things in return to others...

But I have to say.. having seen the way quite a few threads get started ( innocently) and end up with a large smattering of vitriol, judging and condescending to others, I have thought twice about posting in here at all!

I only hope and pray that all this Ego stuff, the point-scoring, personal attacks and gripes, people who feel they are "superior" in some way to others, aggression, the nit-picking and so on, sorts itself out.. and soon .. so this valuable forum can truly become a safe and sharing place for all who seek further understanding / enlightenment / knowledge / wisdom.

If we can't chat/debate in a spirit of peace and light in this forum, God help us outside of here in the 'real' world.... let alone the world beyond this one!!