View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Time to liberate our computers in a massive way

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseekerdan View Post
Pablo, and how do we know that you are not working for NSA?
You dont and you should not assume otherwise. No offense meant to pablo, but one should always be extremely careful with material like this.

It has the potential to be a very good thing, but that wont stop careful people running it up in a quarantined environment first and doing a fair bit of analysis before green lighting it. I would expect pablo to expect that caution.

By the same token - do you trust all the Microsoft security patches - what are the chances that MS dont have ties with the NSA, or Skype's founders - the list goes on.

For a while security technology was classified as a weapon, certain encryption technology was prohibited export from the USA. Recently its all OK even the previously "too secure for public use" 128 bit strength symetric encryption - now it's not a problem - why ? - because despite established theory - common sense suggests that it must no longer a threat - why ? It simply must be crackable using some kind of non-public aware technology.

All the smoke and mirrors around prohibition was simply to make you think that it was so secure even the Government was afraid of it! I call BS on that. I never trusted it or any "Federally appproved" security technology.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 02-22-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote