View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #65
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Red Letter Church

In case you haven't noticed…I took a few days off. It's good to have a change of pace once in a while! I listened to a lot of Wall Street related lectures during the day. Then I listened to a lot of rock and roll at night! My ears are still ringing! Well now I'm back in the saddle again!

Can one talk or write about Jesus too much? I think so. This site is intended to promote a renewed focus on the Red-Letter Teachings of Jesus Christ, and thus does not venture far from this important subject. In every day life, this narrow of a focus would not be healthy! Balance is essential. But sometimes to undo you have to over-do!

Be open to all of life, yet be very scrutinizing and questioning of all you encounter! We should not be Jesus robots, or Godbots, if you will! On the other hand, we should keep coming back to the historical Teachings of Christ as a guiding and unifying force in our modern lives and in society. If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything! If our standard is too complex, then confusion and frustration are sure to follow! If our standard is not comprehensive and specific enough, then it really is not a standard at all! It's, as previously mentioned, a Maginot Line against a very savvy army of darkness!

The Teachings of Jesus allow very little wiggle-room for those who are corrupt! However, they give a lot of leeway for those who are doing the best they can to do what is right! I believe that Jesus wishes for us to make the world a better place, in our own way and in our own time! We're all different! We shouldn’t be cookie-cutter Christians!
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote