View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #74
ChooseYourLifeNow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are people losing interest?

I'm not a big poster myself, but I have been a little turned off lately with the sudden influx of bible-thumper's on the forum. In the last month in a half or so. I have been less interested in posting/reading posts because of the highly religious content. I'm simply not interested in convincing anyone of anything, and I have low tolerance for blind "Apocalypse" talk.

I think the bible has wonderful lessons in it, but I also feel that it has been horribly distorted, taken too literally, and must be blindly followed without question or you must suffer a terrible eternity. Believer's have been waiting for their Apocalypse, and in turn, co-creating a terrible future for the human race based on and generating fear.

A positive point about the sudden influx of the bible-thumpers is that they are coming to the forums. I'm glad for that! That means they are open-to and discussing new ideas with the people on this forum. That is great! My love for this world and it's inhabitants (you) has increase 100fold since I found this forum. I think it's just a matter of time before everyone else, despite their religious restraints, will feel the same way.

Love you all,

CYLNow
ChooseYourLifeNow is offline   Reply With Quote