View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 02:48 AM   #18
vesta
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Monday Morning Madness in Oz.........

Hi Gen,

good on you lovely for getting into the gdn this arvo, I'm afraid I'm loathe to go outside too much at the moment as my allergies have flared up really badly, (why I'm not at work as the drugs I took really knocked me out and I slept away most of this morning), and I am trying to avoid aggravating the situation too much! Obviously I have to do a few things, like go out to the water tank since it's not plumbed into the house but anything else is rethought for today at least....

Agreed, have always thought it a huge shame that we as a nation have not been able to undertake at a local level more of our own viable food production, harkens back to the slow food movement and the commonsense of eating to the seasons rather than demanding product that is lesser quality all yr round!

Our fore-founders had it right - if you wanted to eat out of season then preserve, pickle, smoke, dry or do without!!!

On my shopping list I will be keeping an eye out for an ezi-yo yoghurt maker, we will hopefully still be able to get milk locally and my family loves yoghurt...have started re-organising my veges and the fruit trees in my small orchard are coming along nicely at the moment. Neighbours have chooks so barter should work there.

Blessings to you and yours,

V.
vesta is offline   Reply With Quote