View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:38 AM   #71
zorgon

Default Re: The Bibles Signs in our Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamisalami View Post
I thought the ice in Greenland lays on land, what if that melts?
Now that's weird... what happened to my other post?

Guess I will have to do it over ARRGGGGGG

Yes the ice on Greenland is on land... so is the Ice on Antarctica... so is the ice in the Himalayan Mountain glaciers which are all melting at increase rate.

Yes THIS ice would raise sea levels, but we were talking sea ice before

Yes this would change salinity... a side effect of that is that some ships would sink because their buoyancy is based on current salt water conditions

The SUN is getting warmer... Notice on the graph below the 1400-1600 dip that corresponds to the Mini Ice Age of the Medieval times

Global Temperatue Chart 2500 BC to Present

The chart above does not really need any words, it is pretty self explanatory. Though we should do whatever we can to eliminate pollution and take care of our environment, the chart shows that Global warming and cooling will go on with or without mankind's involvement

415,000 Year Temperature Graph

This graph is drawn from the data gathered from the Vostok ice core samples and, unlike the tree ring data, is scientifically sound and uncontroversial. Looking at the above graph, there have been six periods in the last 415,000 years when global temperature exceeded today’s temperature by as much as nine degrees. 10,000 years ago, the global temperature was five degrees higher than today.

No in case that the sea levels really do rise to the same levels they were the last time all the ice melted... if you live in any of the following areas you may wish to learn to tread water... or buy a boat

Ancient Sea Levels North America, Cretaceous

Ancient Sea levels North America, Jurassic

Here are a couple world maps..

Still looking for a good ancient sea level map for Europe