View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:38 AM   #56
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: JAMES WingMakers- WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT !

This discussion reminds me of something that happened about 8 or so years ago, I had read the Eckhart Tolle book and liked it and lent it to this friend of mine, ( a much older man) and a few weeks later I asked how he liked it.

He said it was good, it reminded him of Zen teachings...at that point I said "ah". If it is the truth, does it change? If it is the absolute, does it require an "upgrade"? That is my objection, if that is what you would call it, to the Wingmakers. The claim that effective spiritual teachings that have been around for centuries are suddenly outmoded because of a portal that appeared in 1998???

I find that a bit scary. I prefer to think of the absolute as absolute, not a fad. People have been repackaging ancient teachings for a long, long time-is this a bad thing? Not necessarily, however it is unseemly to invent another orthodoxy when none is needed while casting doubt on previous teachers.

Especially when they fail to reveal anything that is new. The human mind is incapable of grasping eternity. (Mine is, at least) There are many paths to follow that can help facilitate the experience of the absolute.

Why is Wingmakers better than any other?? Why??
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote