View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #17
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone know of a live interview of AstralWalker?

Josefine, yet again you take my words from my mind and type them ahead of me. Well done, now I have less work.

Kathy T, I welcome your criticism a lot, and I find it rather sad that the others are merely taking a defensive stance here, even though you are clearly offensive.
Be that as it may, I am in the process of translating the thread's summary into German. Please understand that I hate to reference my own work or add footnotes. I think it is a practice that is, in university circles, all to exaggerated, even if necessary for reasons of plagiarism. I wouldn't ask anyone on a forum to supply a source for every image and theory, if they help to illustrate a point.
However, I am greatly dismayed by what I am translating. I will carry it through because I promised and make the best I can of it, but I know that if I read this text without being on the forum, I'd be hard pressed to carry on all the way through. In fact I remember reading the whole thread took me two days back during Christmas, it's simply a leviathan of a thread.
Furthermore, even the most basic theories that Astralwalker establishes his body of work with are not supported by anything substantial. Even when LaViolette's theories are drawn upon, only the results that fit with the Nexus interpretation are presented and none of the background research is explained or even mentioned.
I find the connections that are being made intriguing, the topics that are drawn into focus, like the LaViolette research, the corn circles, the magnetosphere holes, the Maya Long Count Calendar, the Phi Grid. All that actually builds a rather coherent picture, but without reading up on all the other sources and manually finding the material oneself (because references are seldom supplied and especially not provided in the text) it becomes so unsubstantiated that for any left-brainer this is really unfathomable... plainly, just some other New Age thrill. (Yeah, that's what I meant by 'airy-fairy' if you remember, and that we get many nice pictures isn't helping it. I work with pictures and believe me I know their value, but even more I know their impact and ability to distract and deceive.)

I am aware that Astralwalker is holding back information as he said on several occasions, and like Drunvalo Melchizedek there may be a reason for delaying its release. However, if this new data can actually support any of the claims that are being made, it is about high time for this data to be released, lest this movement will end up with right-brainers only, for the most part.

However, as mentioned before, I think the intention behind the actions that are being taken are pure and of good cause... I can take this only from my heart, as you say, and what convinces me of Astralwalker, well, eventually is a picture of him with his daughter. Don't even ask me why.
Even without believing in his data though, I would have been on board this activity because of the people and the spirit that it carries and that carry it and as Josefine illustrated, it may not be the real thing, but it surely is another step closer, as it will bring people together. My trust here also lies with PhiedPiper and his remarkable research (that is actually backed up by other researchers), and of course all the other organisers that put so much of their heart and time into it. I know them to be true, and that shall be enough.
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote