View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #20
Mummy_bean
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Calm Down, And Read It.

Norval

I hear ya. Have thought this for a long time. Tho yours and my interpretations might differ, I have seen it for a long time. But only really allowed myself to see it about 3 years ago. You obviously believe very passionately about this and have other experiences to back up what you're saying - other insights. Can't argue with that.

I think the same is true for many ancient texts - it's all in there in amongst the layers of exegesis and translation. Jesus is really pivotal to the story of this world. There is something critical about his role I believe. I love the way when his disciples are trying to figure out who he is and make their various suggestions he says (or is reported to say) "your words, not mine! That's you saying that, not me!" and yet in John he says "I am He." (The Messiah).
But John was written after the fall of Jerusalem and the destuction of the temple (AD70) so you'd be looking back saying, hey evefrything that JC said was true, so he MUST have been the Messiah. The Bible is full of Agendas, but if you can sift past those to the folksy records of what people saw and what happened you can see what Norval I think is talking about.
I hope I'm right in what I've interpreted, Norval, that you're not saying ET's made the Bible, as we know it now deliberately, just that by virtue of the story that it is a record of it contains this crucial information, as do other books that were left out of the Canon at various points. You are saying you have to get to the gut of the story that's in there. I for one have found it really tough and mentally painful to actually shed the interpretation I was conditioned for so many years to accept. It's tough and it hurts.

I also think the Bible is not the only source of important information.

The Quran contains a brilliant summary of the Torah but from a slightly different perspective. I also think that Mohammed was a recipient of revelation, but that this got screwed up too, as these things do.

I could say absolutley loads on this topic but I'm really tired today.

Just wanted to give a nod.

Have a great day folks. x

"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word. "
Martin Luther King

Last edited by Mummy_bean; 10-07-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Mummy_bean is offline   Reply With Quote