View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #73
Bobbi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Calm Down, And Read It.

A short story that may help. Although I was raised in a very structured religious environment, family circumstances were such that I didn't actually start to read the bible with any understanding until I was 15 years old. By that time I had been thoroughly enthralled with science fiction. Almost immediately upon reading the bible in study groups, it hit me! The bible, to me, was a very good science fiction novel. I had very big issues with religion (all) because of the blatant hyprocrisy I found everywhere and in everyone I met - including those in our church.

At 19 I threw the baby out with the bath water and refused to have anything further to do with churches, religion, spirituality, whatever title fit. I forbid any religious material in my home or around my children, other than the exposure to their grandmother. One day my five year old daughter asked me this question after visiting with my mother. "If God created man, who created God?" My response was "That's a very good question. I don't have the answer, but this is what I believe. We are here on earth as a science project, a laboratory experiment. We are being monitored and tested, just like a lab rat - tested to see what abilities are inherent in all creatures. I don't know who started it all but I believe there is a higher power, I don't know his name, I don't know where he came from, I don't know why he's doing this, but until I do, I'm not going to drop to my knees and 'worship' him. Let's just wait and see what happens."

I have based my entire life on one scripture from the Bible that I felt was the most important to me and would, in the end, allow my heart to be read for the person that I am. Jesus once said that whenever you give to the least of my brothers, you are giving to me. Therefore, everyone - and I do mean everyone - has been treated as a decent person - UNTIL they prove otherwise.

Decades passed and a few tribulations later and a few more tests and I met my husband, who opened up the floodgates. NOW I knew the "Why". I had always believed in aliens since I was a child. I just never put it together with the bible. WHAT AN EYE OPENER!!!!!!!! I'm still catching my breath, but what I can tell you is that a new peace has settled within me since that time. I now know I have a job to do and when the time comes, I will gladly oblige.
Bobbi is offline   Reply With Quote