View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #22
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: “May the force be with you” – Can you feel it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiros View Post
Hi Czymra,
I think all of us had been “in big trouble”, I think it was called WITCHCRAFT.

About the “afterimage”: Was it a positive “afterimage” or a negative?

The following is not a comment about the your afterimage, but another one that I saw myself, a negative afterimage.
And I must say what a coincident!
Anyhow.
It was like this, I was staring at a big round white-yellow lamp.
Inside it was this new kind of bulbs, that corresponding to the old 75 Watt bulb.
I look at the big cover for a while because I saw a small temperature induced crack, and then I was thinking, actually at the same time, of course it took some time, you know with limited male functions.
So I went “out in the dark” (inside) for a while, and I guess that my vision had to adapt to the dark instead.
And then I went back to the very light room with “the lamp”, and I saw a green area before me, and it was connected to the movement of my eyes, and there was a slight difference in the greenness between the eyes.
It was really funny to look in the mirror and find myself totally green, “super green”, in my face (and hair), so I couldn't help laughing.
The strange thing was that it took long time to adapt to the normal again, around one minute.
Maybe I fooled my vision system, by going into the dark, I am not sure.
Comments very appreciated
Hmm... that sounds like a rather normal afterimage. I mean, the reason I usually ignore them is because they are so usual. Just looking at this screen does enough of it. Pressing your eyes does the job.
Another example for us male minds:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8oJIFB...eature=related

(And if you want the most awesome optical illusion ever check this out:
http://portent.org/simple-right-v-left-brain-test/
nothing to do with afterimage though.)

What I experienced I think I can only be explained by my blood pressure going bonkers and then as I said, pressurising my eyes. It wouldn't be a surprise to see 'orbs' when there is pressure on spheres (my eyes), again as if you press on your eyes when they're closed. I thought I was going to black out and I think that's the best explanation. If you see colours or so when dizzy or before fainting, that's what it felt like.

By the way, it's a negative after image and as I said, it hadn't got anything to do with objects, it came from nowhere, I was staring at a blank wall.

Isn't is just annoying to sort the usual stuff out first? The paranoia and the unseen normalities.
Anybody seen the 'ants in the blue sky'?
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote