View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 AM   #1849
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 2012 Nexus Event – Unknown Form of Energy comes our way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
Great timing! I will be with you all

If Melbourne and Sydney are on daylight savings time does that mean it is 2AM for them?
No one acknowledged/answered this important question for Australians..

So I looked into it:

Daylight Saving Time is observed in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory and has been synchronised across these states. Western Australia began a three year trial of daylight saving on 3 December 2006. Queensland and the Northern Territory do not observe daylight saving.

Across the south-eastern states and the ACT, daylight saving for future summers begins at 2am Eastern Standard Time on the first Sunday in October and ends at 2am Eastern Standard Time (3am summer time) on the first Sunday in April.

For Western Australia, daylight saving in 2008 will begin at 2am Western Standard Time on the last Sunday in October and end at 2am Western Standard Time (3am summer time) on the last Sunday in March 2009.

Being a Queenslander I don't really pay attention to the coming of daylight savings time for the rest of the country but this states that we have just left DST as of last month so 1AM it is for the whole country.

Last edited by Luminari; 05-08-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote