View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #17
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Official Share Your Lucid Dreams Thread

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Majorion. I hadn't considered the NDE angle before, so I'm going to check out some NDE forums.

Not trying to make this thread all about me, but I want to throw something else out there that I'm trying to understand...

I feel like I have practiced dying many times. So many times, that I know exactly what I should do when I realize it's happening...close my eyes and breathe through it.

I have breathed through the process of sitting on the floor of a building as it collapses...felt myself collapsing and everything, but no pain. When I wake up I am in a new scene. This one was a month ago.

In another I am in a boat that's traveling too fast and it jumps out of the water at an angle of about 45 degrees heading into some trees. Again, I realize this is a death-inducing situation and I breathe through it. This dream I have had numerous times in my life. It happened again recently.

I've also been through this scenario with car crashes and falling off of cliffs.

All of my death scenes are of this nature. It's never anything subtle.

They don't upset or worry me in the least during the dream or when I awake. I just wonder why they keep repeating when I feel the lesson has been learned (how to relax and let myself die peacefully).

Sidenote: I have always FELT most things in my dreams. I feel physical pain, I feel physical pleasure. I have been burned, I have felt the pain of falling short distances, I have had great love affairs, etc. It's as real as when I'm awake. So, to not feel the pain of these deaths is a switch from how my dreams usually unfold.

Last edited by PilotSimone; 02-14-2010 at 05:02 PM.
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote