View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #136
THEWATCHER
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: THE WATCHER Directional Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
Something that bugs me...
I had, by most people's standards, a fairly strict childhood, as far as early schooling was concerned
(for a yank, anyway).
It was a bi-lingual English Private school in a foreign country. (time frame is '56-'60)

'Nuff said? (God, I hope so!)

This resulted in several confrontations, and a few brinkmanship encounters
between my parents and school.
Occasionally these turned on decisions arrive at by either the school saying:
"Well, you are, of course, free to remove your child anytime you wish."
Or my parents saying something like:
"Of course I can always write next month's check to another school."
Or maybe both.

But I don't think there'd be any reason or excuse you could give to my parents that would get them to "deliver" me to such a place a second time. I doubt I could have hidden the fear of such an encounter from them, well enough that they wouldn't pick it up.

My parents were patriotic, in a way that would be hard to understand for people who didn't live through the first half of the 20th century. And my father was not a stranger to classified projects, either (Ex: Hanford Pant - See: Manhattan Project)

But I suspect the only way you'd get my young ar$e in one of these places a second time, would be to kill my parents.

So I am curious:
Just what did they tell your parents about what was going on?
Did they use anything to keep you from telling them "too much"? and what?
What was it they thought was going on?

Fred
OK, good point. My case, as I'm sure were all of the others involved, a certain amount of coercion was used, in whatever fashion or level. Who knows what was said, done to the parents to make them give up their children into these programs. Ask the same question of anyone involved in these programs centreing around children. They quite possibly have no real answers available to them. In my case my parents had a child, one of 5, i had older sister and three younger brothers, but I was different. My parents had a child that died at age 2 and was miraculously brought back. That they had a child that was different, unusual, some might have said freaky. I came from a military family. My dad was in the Royal Engineers in WW2 in Germany. In 1945 he was involved in a secret mission or operation that even today is covered by a secrecy seal. In 1978 I was shown a folder which contained details about my dad, it had 100 years seal on it. My grandad was an artilleryman in WW1. By the time i was inducted into the Anvil/Oaktree program strange events had occurred in my life and affected my family. My parents were often asked, as i got older, why me?, whats going on, why do you send me there? etc etc. But as anyone of my age group will state, as children we respected and obeyed parents, anyone in authority in those days. We did as we were told. My parents were very strict, my dad especially. A military man whom took no nonsense from anyone, he instilled in me discipline and obedience, and respect for authority. If i crossed the line, which was a few times, i had that big heavy belt on my backside. I learned lessons and did not make further mistakes. At 15, when my final visits to hospitals, this place, other establishments finally ended. I went up to my dad and confronted him, we faced off, neither giving an inch. We could have killed one another but both backed down without losing ground. It was to remain an unspoken unanswered part of my life. Even a month before my dad died during surgery in January of 1999 I sat with him and softly asked why?. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and could only say it was for the best and was for my country. I was choking up too so left it there. I knew he would not pull thru the rigorous surgery planned for him a few weeks later so we said our goodbyes that day
THEWATCHER is offline   Reply With Quote