View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 02:30 AM   #10
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "Super Bowl Sunday: Scientifically Crafted Mass Mental Illness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instead View Post
Question: What's the difference between watching the Superbowl if that's what you enjoy and going to the opera, if that's more your speed?

What would the reaction be if a thread blasted individuals that went to the opera, citing that it was a complete waste of time and had zero spiritual redeeming value?
There is a long reply and a short one to this. I will opt for the short one. Before I do, Thanks Seashore, great post.

Let us look at the 2 variables you have given, super bowl vs opera.
Hmmm, one is filled with manic people who have to display their clours supporting their chosen gladiators and the other is fille with people dressed in their gladiatorial uniform of choice, usually evening wear.

Let us now look at the impact these have on the people who prevail at such venues. Superbowl first.
You have thousands (apparently over a 100 000 at the superbowl?) all pumped up with adrenalin screaming in orgiastic euphoria at a bunch of jerks in tight pants and helmets with shoulder pads and safety gear scientifically designed for the visual affect more than the safety aspect. The whole scene is carefully crafted , again scientifically, to mimic men at war in an arena reminiscent of the "good old days" in rome. Nothing is by chance, it is not a game, it is a total mind blast (use the F word for "blast) and it has the desired effect. Huge money is made out of this fiasco and the arguments rage for a year till the next designed orgasm for the masses. I think you get my point.

Opera.
This is VERY different. Not really my cup of tea but I understand why it is a favourite for the afficionados.
The auditorium is hushed, no one dare cough, or break wind for fear of ruining the ambiance. The thing is this. We are light beings and light emanates at a vibrational level. Music is a vibrational expression of passion, true gifted ability and comes from lovingly crafted instruments and voices that take many many years of training to perfect. The connection is at the vibrational level. They wouldn't play opera at the bowl, that is the domain of rock music (I imagine?). The spiritual experience at an opera concert is unique as you are lifted vibrationally up through your chakras to be one with the expression being delivered from the stage.

Superbowl = Frenzy = Dumbing Down
Opera = Upliftment = Enlightenment

There can NEVER be a comparison between classical music and physical sport.

Thats enough, you get what I am saying.

Last point. It matters not who posts this, wether it be Alex Jones or Alex in Wonderland, the point is valid.

LL&P

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote