View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #128
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriya View Post
God just wants our love. That's it. You have the power to accept or reject that, God has no power over you, if you do not wish it.

Paramahansa Yogananda said, that God does not know how great he is, otherwise he wouldn't be that great - no ego!!.

If you meditate upon God, sincerely, you will get your proof! And yes you are right in order to become God conscious you have to submit, but this is really about destroying ego, not about enslavement.

Lastly, Ortho, I think people have tried to answer your questions to the best of their ability, but you choose not to accept them, which is a different matter all together.

We all follow our own paths, right?
Well put Kriya.

Better people than i could answer all questions and bring freedom from all doubts, for that is the test of a process that works. So after many years of frustration, sadness, anxiety and misery, i eventually kind of sat myself down and said Ok God, ive had enough of this, ive been trying to figure it all out, ive been trying to 'save the world' and the result has been this sad individual now no use to anybody. I believe it was my first really sincere prayer. Somehow or another i felt better for it so i continued to practice thinking in this way, i slowly let go of my arrogance and i slowly let go of the feeling of personal responibilities for the worlds problems. Infact it was the suffering of animals that ultimately broke my spirit. Now i realise that as long as i do the right things myself ( no im not perfect and have no wish to be) the rest is Gods problem!!! I have been happier for this and have been able to bring some good things to the people i meet in my life.
aroundthetable is offline   Reply With Quote