View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Default EMD Bracelets - the new RFID back door presentation

It's been a while since we heard any stirrings about the implementation of the RFID chip. A while back they convinced some hillbillies from middle America to volunteer for the implant and get themselves on a morning talk show (oh, boy! we're going to be on television, ma!). I don't guess the presentation had the desired effect and the subject went silent for a while. Well, it's back...

Now it seems they're pushing for the implementation of the EMD Bracelet, to be worn by all airline passengers. EMD stands for Electro-Muscular-Disruption, by the way.

"Basically, the item is an electronic ID device that tracks the movements, suspicious or otherwise, of airplane travellers. It also holds personal information (i.e. it cannot be bartered with that of the passenger in your neighbouring seat)… and can stun anyone into immobility when triggered. It would be in lieu of a ticket, and also track one’s carry-on luggage. One would have to wear it until disembarkation."
- from Shock Tactics

See the sales pitch for it HERE.

I don't know what kind of steam this proposal has behind it or how close it is to being implemented, but I don't like it. If this gets approved, I imagine the RFID would be pretty close behind it...for everyone, airline customer or not.

Does anyone actually believe we're more than cattle to the PTB?
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote