View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #65
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are people losing interest?

Really interesting points

I'm not sure others always ridicule or speak from a lofty height - not if you take the view that there isn't a 'right' or a 'wrong' - there's only an opinion. To which we are all entitled

Perhaps people gravitate towards threads which suit their current position?

In respect of 'action', I'm wondering if different people are here (planet Earth) at this time for very different reasons? Perhaps there are some who will go to form communities; perhaps there are others who feel they can't really leave others if they are in distress - maybe they aren't meant to 'survive', but to help.

I've had the option to join a community but its mindset and aims are so different to mine that it just wouldn't work - and there's not much point in that. I know of others who are considering creating a community but can't find enough like-minded people who resonate with their aims/goals - and that is a really important aspect of any community. I've spoken to others who say they would prepare - but with all the various theories and beliefs around, they haven't a clue what they're preparing for! Even if you take the view that we're all going to hell in a handcart, there are still so many different scenarios that require a totally different type of preparation.

I'm probably in agreement with Sunrunner - working on your own balance is perhaps more valuable as a first step
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote