View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #4
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: To those who did not believe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekatz View Post
Personally I was dissapointed to see the price come down, unfortunately people only become motivated to find alternatives when the prices are high and that's the only way we will get away from using oil, people forget very quickly
Maybe it is another tactic to crash oil stocks and avoid anyone having a 'cash' safe haven in this downward spiral. ie covering all bases...

I've also read in Nexus that oil is produced like a crystal in the ground and this is the Russian/Ukrainian view on oil. Also there was mention in one camelot interview of Israel having the largest oil reserve under it untapped.

Is being green and self suffcient really as important as loving everyone and being good?

I drive a Honda Insight (70-100mpg from petrol) so am pretty protected even if the oil price goes to £10 a litre (I would obviously drive a lot less though...) but I love driving also being a petrol head and also own another car which is at the other extreme 10-20 mpg but a rear drivers car Lancia Integrale which I'm suppose to be selling in 2 days (boo hoo). I love driving fast and doing track days but it seems to be evil these days
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote