View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 10:32 PM   #49
unloadedgunn
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible, Our Conclusion. by Norval and Gale

The only "points" you are getting across are these: 1) That you have read volumes about the Christian faith, and obviously this written hodge-podge of contradiction fills an emptiness in you like nothing else. Were this not the case you would not be an ordained minister. Your references to a god who is an "engineer" is very patriarchal and Judeo-Christian sounding, but what would one expect from a minister? 2) That despite the mutual admiration society that you have going there with your fellow researcher, for what you perceive (mistakenly) as new and different insights about the bible, you are spewing the same medieval subservience that has gotten all of humanity into the mess we most certainly are in NOW. 3) Anyone gravitating toward scripture which has been used as the justification of untold millions of deaths, for use as anything other that the toilet paper it obviously is, needs some help.

The aforementioned was written with all due respect. I apologize for my strong words, but all the lucid literature I have been reading of late tells me to speak up LOUD AND CLEAR and denounce BS when I see it. It is time that this stuff gets called out. I'm sure the world is full of regretful people who wished they had spoken out about their respective truths, and I won't be one of them. Nor does it seem that either Norval or Gale will be.
unloadedgunn is offline   Reply With Quote