Thread: Films
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #12
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Films

In true Nick Hornby-style, i'll suggest a list of films that are BRILLIANT...my "top ten"...followed by a few others that didn't quite make it.....

1. End of the Affair (Ralph Fiennes, Julianne Moore, Stephen Rea)...ever cried so much watching a movie? From the classic Graham Greene novel.

2. Blade Runner. Is there anything that hasn't been said about this cult film about immortality/death?

3. Apocalypse Now. The ultimate journey of self discovery.....

4. Pulp Fiction. Enuf said.

5. Network. see above.

6. Last Tango in Paris (Brando)...ultimate forfeiture of the past..."no names!" as Brando has sex with Maria Schneider....the Gato Barbieri soundtrack is just too emotional.

7. Dr Strangelove. Did Peter Sellers ever do something better? The ultimate anti-war film.

8. Solaris. I preferred the Clooney version because Natasha McElhorne is the world's most beautiful woman....this film plays with your mind.

9. Cinema Paradiso. Memories....

10. Atonement. Oh my god....will i ever feel the same?

Others:. The Painted Veil, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Quiet American, Taxi Driver, The Man Who Fell To Earth, Body Heat, Double Indemnity, Jacob's Ladder, Fargo, Memento, Matrix, Being John Malcovitch, The English Patient, Syriana, and Walk The Line.
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote