View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:13 AM   #51
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Zeitgeist Adddendum - A Critical Analysis (for the sake of balance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaKaR View Post
Thanks for your perspective, Member milk and honey.
Hitlers fascists, the Marxist-Leninist Russians and Chinese Communists, as you put it, did indeed promised happiness and a just society to Mankind.
However, i would not 'name just a few' and would add, so did and still do the Free-market Capitalists.
RaKaR, you are making my point. That's exactly why i used the simile of "Hitler's fascists, and Marxist-Lenninist Russians and Chinese communists". I am suggesting that the current pusch for utopia by (propaganda agents of) the 'power elite' who govern the USA, is nothing more than the same old trick from the same old dog with a slightly different mask. With only a slightly new (age) lexicon the mask looks and sounds the same to me.
Quote:
I think that the conlusion to draw here is that all those systems have failed for one or another reason; one earlier than the other
From our perspective, those systems were NOT set up to succeed. From their perspective, their idea of success (a phony people's revolution) was a failure from the start. They very successfully ingratiated themselves with the citizens by making (knowingly) false promises of utopia. They certainly were not well motivated 'great ideas' which simply failed. They were scams from the outset, concieved by 'old money'. And now? There is nothing new under the sun. At least it has us talking about it though.

Quote:
... and incidentally it is the Free-market Ideology that is NOW onder discussion.
Incidently, nothing could be clearer. But even that contention is a straw man constructed by the 'power elite's "Zeitgeist: Addendum". There is no "free-market" operating in the USA and other economies under 'elite' control. It is a centrally planned, highly corrupt mockery of the "free-market" principle. The "free-market" principle has been replaced at the big end of town by "monopoly-cartelism" with only the veneer of freedom and the crumbs from the cartel's table left to the people.

None of this means that i am unwilling to parse so called 'utopian' ideas. But not from the 'Zeitgeist' crew. Zeig Heil!

Last edited by milk and honey; 10-12-2008 at 09:04 AM.
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote