View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #404
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

My understanding is that God is ...
How does one arrive at an understanding of of such a thing? I pondered this for many years while still professing my Christian faith. How does one justify a belief in one particular deity over another? Humanity has over 3500 gods and goddesses. What is the process by which a reliable determination of which one is real? They all cannot be 'real' because of their contradictory nature. godchecker.com appears to be down right now but it is an excellent source of information about humanities obsession with supernatural beings.

Quote:
So on death our soul being also electromagnetic automatically goes to the the level/realm concordant with our spiritual vibration.
Sounds like a unprovable hypothesis. Contrary to folk belief there is no scientific evidence for the existence of a soul, spirit, or any ethereal component in a human being. The whole 21 gram thing is nonsense. Logic would dictate that if a soul or spirit existed there would no need for the brain. In all myth and legend the soul contains the personality, memory, and so forth of a human being. These things have been proven to be the domain of the brain. When the brain is physically altered the personality and memory of an individual is altered. I cannot personally justify such a belief.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote