View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 04:09 AM   #43
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Red Letter Church

Thank-you RedeZra.

Much has been made of Apostolic Succession in Christian history! That Christ declared to Peter that He would build His church on him. That Peter was the first Pope, and that each of his successors have been the supreme representatives of Christ on earth, indeed, Vicars of Christ!

A rival view, popularized recently by Dan Brown in his book and the subsequent motion picture, The Da Vinci Code, suggests that Jesus had children, and that His offspring are the true representatives of Christ on earth...

Allow me to suggest another possibility! That the individuals and organizations throughout Christian history who have placed the Teachings of Jesus first and foremost, both in word and deed, have been the true representatives of Christ on earth! Not by declaration or birthright, but by the content of their characters! This last option could overlap the first two. But in the final analysis, by their fruits you shall know them. Were, and are, they Christ-like? Did Christ will that His church be built upon His teachings? I think so!

Remember in the movie, The Da Vinci Code, as Sophie, Langdon, Silas, Remy, and Teabing are leaving the hangar in the limo at the airport in England, after hiding from the English police, Teabing winks and comments, “people rarely notice things right in front of their eyes!”

I am going to make the bold assertion that the Holy Grail, that people have been seeking for centuries, has been hidden in plain sight for 2,000 years! The Teachings of Jesus are the Holy Grail! What is more holy and sacred, that Jesus Christ has left the world, than His Teachings?! His Blood Red Letter Teachings! The Holy Grail or Sang-real, meaning Royal Blood, is more than any possible blood-line of Christ! I believe that it is primarily the words of Christ, which reveal the character of Christ, or the essence of Christ! The words are neither masculine or feminine! They are neither Pagan or Pauline! They are Divine! The bloodline question is of “relative” importance! Any purported relative or representative of Christ does not have veto-power over the words of Christ! No one has veto-power over the words of Christ! No one except the Jesus Seminar, that is!

On the other hand, does the term “Royal Blood” imply that Christ was of royal Egyptian lineage? When Joseph and Mary fled with Jesus to Egypt, did they stay with family? The wise-men from the east worshiped him as royalty! Was Jesus a Pharaoh? Is this where a modern quest for the historical Jesus might lead? Were the wise-men wise to who Jesus really was…or am I just a wise-guy? The Scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees thought Jesus was a wise-guy! And they were right! They just didn’t know how wise He really was!

I am going to keep attempting to get you to study for yourself, rather than tell you what to think! I don’t really know what I think most of the time, so who am I to tell you? I truly believe that at least 38.7 percent of what I have typed on this site is pure unmitigated poppycock! Just don’t ask me to itemize the 38.7 percent! If you figure it out…tell me and we’ll both know! It’ll be our little secret…OK? I tend to be rather suspicious, especially of myself. So, use this site to start your thinking process…not to end it! This subject is too important, and you are too mature (hopefully) for spoon feeding! But it can be frustrating and exhausting! And please…don't forget to pray!
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote