View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
Nicomachus

Default Re: Safe Places in South Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by larissarissa View Post
I enjoyed having a conversation with someone from the US who is a kindred spirit.

Trying to find a "safe place" is acknowledging that there is something to fear, and we know fear is what they're after. There is nothing to fear but fear itself, I've heard, and I believe that. Sure, when confronted by a truck thundering down the road straight at you it is totally normal to react, but when confronted by possibilities in the future, it gets kind of murky, and then its false evidence appearing real, as they say.

Being informed is good, it allows for an informed decision when the situation arises. I think preparation should be in the mind, and the physical will follow when the time is right. How do you prepare for the scenario Dr Deagle talks about? Mind boggling.

I follow my intuition which guides me just fine. It's fun and a challenge to let go and let that higher knowing take over. Sometimes I'm led to do things I don't understand, and that's part of the adventure too.
Ever thought about not-wanting-to-fear might have also derived from the differnt level of fear? Fear is a natural human faculty given by god, it's okay to fear and not to fear either way.

Ever thought about having no fear might have been a result of ignorance?

I survived the notorious Hurricane Andrew back in 1992 and also survived 1997 Korean IMF rescue. Both survival experiences tell me go now and make plans and make best out of a possible economic melt-down.

The korean govermnet now advertise through controlled media that they have enough of money to handle this economic crisis, yeah right. Believed national foriegn reserve is $220B as of today, guess what, most of them were invested in the US gov. bond markets. Do you think the US will just cash out for you in case you needed? Will you be able to to pay back your debt when you now declared banckruptcy?

Not having fear and making plans are two different stories. I don't have fear, but i have plans and emergency reserves, shelters. We all know hurricane is about to sweep you away and you stand in front of it and have faith it's gonna stop and split in two, and you just tell the hurricane 'I LOVE you', and it's not gonna hurt you?

let the fear make you realize it's okay to fear, then you will go from there.

and good luck, see you on the other side.

Last edited by Nicomachus; 10-05-2008 at 04:03 PM.