View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 02:58 AM   #81
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: ancient site re-discovered

still researching, this google search was for ancient civilizations that built waterfalls. the Olmecs were mentioned earlier on the thread so i thought i would include this, maybe an influence.

Quote:
Jaquar God of the Underworld
Quote:

Some people believe that the principal deity was fundamentally an Earth god, though his power was not limited to terrestrial matters, and took the form of a jaguar. This God could have a water-earth persona. As a jaguar encompassing the forces of life or at least a dominance in its two strongest categories (with regards to Olmec life), water and earth. This deity supposedly had dominance over all things terrestrial and celestial.

This God may have been half-jaguar, half-serpent, "were-jaguars". The jaguar represents the Earth Mother with the serpent representing the water, thus combining to represent life.
someone also wrote to me suggesting that what we are calling the 'face' could be lye leaching stones and possibly just an old homestead. can't rule anything out at this point. no word yet from the geologist.

Last edited by unlimited mind; 08-01-2009 at 03:03 AM.
unlimited mind is offline   Reply With Quote