View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #20
omnicentricity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Young people??? Teenagers???

I guess being in my twenties qualfies me as a youngster. I don't really know if "new paradigm understandings" (for lack of a better term) resonates with younger people or older people more, but I tend to experience that older people tend to be less receptive. Maybe this is due to the fact that being exposed to negative social conditioning for longer periods of time has a more intense effect, maybe not. I don't pretend to know. One thing I do know though, is that my idea of maturing (at this point in my life), is learning how to re-integrate all the states of being that I took completely for granted as a very young child.

Most people, by the time they become adults, will lose their capacity for youthful abandonment. They will never lose the CRAVING for it but they become psychologically starved because they have supressed the ability for so long.

This is pretty fascinating when you consider all the advertising with images of adults with big beaming smiles on their faces while using a product – but when you think about it, how many adults do YOU know who have the ability to have that much fun??

By my own personal estimation, fun is probably one of the least commonly experienced emotions among adults.

I notice that when most adults say, "I’m having fun" it’s more often a vacuous jargon that means "I’m interested in what I’m doing" as opposed to the ecstatic abandonment they enjoyed when they were kids.

Along these lines, as a word of warning which mirrors my own experience after delving into "alternative information sources" for many, many years now - make sure to keep in touch with the joyfullness of your youth. And EVERYTHING that exists for you to interact with, is there for the sole purpose of your learning.

There is SO much of this information that can have the lingering effect of fear and paranoia if you do not frame it properly into your worldview. All the negative stuff is just there for you to notice & learn from (perhaps in terms of "how NOT to be"). All the positive stuff is there to fuel your self-esteem, motivation and create possiblities in terms of what you can DO with the enlightened reality you experience as a result of the learning you have taken responsibility for.

I have at many times in the past, noticed myself slipping into thought patterns which are preoccupied with "what happened," and while this can be useful just keep in mind that you are focusing on the past. This can be like driving through your rearview mirror.

A much better alternative is ask yourself proactive questions like:
How am I creating possibilities for myself with what I am learning?
How is this relevant to what I can create?
What do I choose to do with this?
How do I feel about this?
How does this connect?
How much fun can I have sharing myself with others?

... to name a few.

Be aware of your intention, first and foremost. You are the only one who has absolute authority over how you choose to respond to anything you encounter.

Us youngsters are going to be running this planet soon... let's make sure we bring out the best in ourselves and others while this is happening

For what it's worth, from one noob to another

Here's some funny pictures, because I like them and here's a place to post them so why not...
a drawing by a friend of mine:

a picture of a goat who dances to music:

and what may perhaps be the coolest picture ever lol:

Last edited by omnicentricity; 11-02-2008 at 03:55 AM. Reason: spacegoatfarts
omnicentricity is offline   Reply With Quote