View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why I don't have "hope", or "believe" in the "change" of Obama

Thanks bodhisattva,

I was trying real hard pre-election to get my firends and family to investigate why they were falling in love w/ Obama. "If something's looks to good to be true......"
I know it's a silly cliche but its' plenty apt. Nobody cared though of course, and all they seemed to have a very low threshold for "faith" in terms of what they actually want to know about the man. He looked and sounded different/good and that seemed to be enough.

I kinda gave up a bit though after all the election night hype. Everyone was so happy, and even though it meant little to me, I could see that they all had the best intentions for the man, so I could be happy about that at least. My friends were all happy so I partied w/ 'em and just told people I was a fellon when they asked who I voted for.

I agreed (w/ myself) to wipe the slate clean for Obama, hoping that he was just "playing the game" to get wher he is.

Well his first move with Emanuel (and now Clinton probably), has quickly dampened my optimism, so I'm still watching close and hoping for the best but I don't have my fingers crossed just yet.

p.s. that's a good looking dog you've got there.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote