View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Internet: Enemies Foreign and Domestic

I'm glad you posted this, because today I was notified by one of our people that our corp paperwork is now being blocked by Yahoo. They said that Yahoo is not allowing him to send info to Yahoo based accounts because they are filtering them. He briefed me that we had contacted Yahoo, and they said and I quote "Yes we know".

Yahoo has no plans on changing the filters. The emails are not going into the spam folder but rather they are not even delivered. Then on GCN today I heard that they have begun filtering content on the net.

The problem is that it is now affecting normal business operations like ours and if it keeps up is going to affect lots of jobs. I wonder if that's their plans. This is a problem and a problem we can do something about if we act now.

Here is what I was thinking about doing when I saw this thread. I was perusing the forum about email services but there isn't one. If someone is savvy enough to do it could you start a thread about email services. I see that there is GMX, Inbox, etc... and think it is time we abandon these major controllers of email services. If we don't we are going to slowly loose our ability to communicate with each other via emails.

In the meantime here is a site that you might want to check out. It is 2600 and although it says hacker, their main emphasis is freedom of the internet. Link: http://www.2600.com/

They have some good podcasts with some shows better than others. Then the most important part of 2600 is that they conduct free monthly meetings all across the states, UK, and Australia. You can find a list of their meeting places and times at this link; http://www.2600.com/meetings/

These guys know "stuff", and their meetings are held in public venues usually at a pub, restaraunt, etc... I highly recommend you attend, because these folks have already told me if the net goes down they will still be up. Hmmm? I don't know how but I've seen some of the stuff they do and I believe them. So get hooked in.

Then remember to get yourself familiar with amateur radios. They can send and receive messages without any middle man, like a telephone, cable, cell towers, and most work on 12 volts so in an emergency you can use your car battery.

Also, there is an underground "ultranet" technology that is somewhat classified by certain group of common folks (state side) that is now in operation. You will regularly hear it referred to on Liberty Tree Radio which broadcasts at 5pm and 8pm eastern on a Live 365 show, and here is that link; http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47

On this same Radio broadcast is "The Off Grid Girls" which changed their names to Cordite Country and this lady does an awesome job of teaching how to store, cook, and prepare foods for survival everyday after the other broadcasts.

I know not all of this is on topic but the broadcasts are constantly talking about how to keep on the net when it goes down.

Enjoy.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote