Thread: Hawaii
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #10
SoldierOfTruth808
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: One Hawaii

Simple!....

Yeah not really...

Lets be realistic like most of the US, the people of Hawaii are like Dolphins in captivity. If you think that people are just gonna snap back into the ancient ways and simply know how to live off the land again, youre fooling yourself. Not to mention there probably arent enough of those resources to feed this entire chain. Then again you arent living on Oahu so you dont see the over population that exists here on this tiny island... maybe you have. As for myself I dont think ill have a problem... in fact my family owns land on Maui so I may be going there to do exactly what your talking about. However the rest of the people in this state may not, and probably are not as fortunate.

I dont want to debate anything here, this forum is for us to gather together, but I think it just not realistic to think that the times we may be facing ahead will be a walk in the sunshine. Not to mention if any sort of MAJOR disaster should strike that were only a spec in the pacific that can easily be swallowed up by the ocean, lets hope that never happens. I definetly think that we do have alot of advantages in being apart of this state and its heritage. We are people of the ocean and definetly have lots of resources, but generations and generations of consumerism arent just going to go away and definetly not smoothly. Way I see it is were the fire bearers now, we have the information, we have the forethought on what could, might, and is going to happen. Should any sort of crisis occur its our responsibility to be a major part of Human preservation on this island chain...not just on our own respective islands.... thats all im saying...

Respect,
Roland K
SoldierOfTruth808 is offline   Reply With Quote