View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 01:53 AM   #11
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are you fed up of " the NEWS "?

Kulapops, very funny headlines. Can you write the stories?

I'm just passing through... I've got a thread running, trying to find people in central-to-western VA, NC, eastern TN, KY, WV to join in a chemtrail watch group I'm forming. So anybody on here in those areas who'd be interested in helping collect data, please email me at ctwatch22@aol.com

Anyhow, re the "news," it's much easier to take if you just think of the news as another TV program, mostly fiction. (I don't traffic in "the news" myself - no TV, radio, newspaper!)

I once read Gore Vidal's "Lincoln," I think it was, and it was very interesting how, historically, the New York Times and other newspapers were originally viewed as entertainment, not a source of truth. I think that's exactly what it is -- reality-shaping entertainment.

To back up this observation, I once emailed my local TV meteorologist to ask what he knew about chemtrails. He replied he didn't know anything, was I sure I wasn't seeing just normal jets... the usual non-response. After a few emails back and forth, I asked him a really dumb question: Does your news station serve the public or doesn't it? His response was something like: "We report the news."

I thought that was very interesting. By not saying it, he said it... what's on the news does not have anything to do with truth or serving the public. It has to do with them reading to you what somebody has written and called "news."
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote