View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #22
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Police officers & army personnell, would you turn on your fellow man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyii View Post
More fear mongering? I guess they will be putting us all in prison camps as well. If all this negative energy could be turned into something useful, like energy conservation and making peace with those that despise us maybe we could make the world a better place.

This paranoia that our govt will somehow turn our military on us and imprison/poison/kill us off has been pretty well ruled out by simple logic. The sheer number of citizens along with the logistical challenges makes it clear that it aint happenin.

Thinking like this is why we are in trouble. Fear has been used to control us and now it is being used here. I refuse to be afraid anymore.

We have a financial crisis happening that will force real change. Now is our chance to recreate our society. Food co-ops, doctors that only accept cash and not insurance, renewable energy sources, organic agriculture, less materialism and harmony with nature would be a better area to focus your energy. Fear is a control mechanism. Dont let it control you.

Our physical bodies will die but our spirit is one and we shall never perish. Death is an illusion.
It's not fear mongering, it merely poses a question, we cannot just discuss the fluffy elements of life, we need to discuss all eventualities and get an idea of how people feel. Look at my other posts and you will see that I am far from a doomer and gloomer. I will not shy away from difficult questions because people call it negative, fear mongering, it's people who say these things that are running away, can't face it, can't handle it, don't wanna think about it. Lets bring out into the open all aspects of life as we know, see it, dont' know. People have observations and should be allowed to express them without someone jumping on them when the subject matter get a little contenscious and diffilcult to manange. We cannot and must not avoid these issues.
alternative-answer is offline   Reply With Quote